Anyone utilize smart locks on their home doors?

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
Just installed a simplisafe smart lock and vid doorbell in my vacay home saturday..copped both for $80 a piece during google shopping holiday sale...its early but both working great so far..now no need to give keys to airbnb guests anymore so to me that makes it worth it alone.

Edit: other thing I like is the simplisafe smart lock only replaces the inside the door part of your lock for automation so you Keep your original lock on the outside no one can tell its a smart lock.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: PS4

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Been thinking about getting one for my office. But I'll never use one as an external lock.

People saying hackable locks like standard locks are uncrackable :mjlol:
You laugh? Before the internet people was smarter and didn't snitch on themselves for the gram or in music. That's normal now. Your logic is normal but flawed. You can't pick a lock unless you playing metal gear :camby: now Google hacking a smart lock and watch what comes up :ufdup: here's the first thing that came up...
Researchers Demonstrate How Easy It Is To Hack A Smart Lock - Digg

The second link was to hacking bluetooth smart locks. Excuse me for a sec...
You worried bout a common thief hacking yo lock? When he can just break the damned window?? LMFAO

Some thief sophisticated enough to hack your lock, is not hacking your one lil lock and running up in yo house breh. This aint tv
So how does it work? Im assuming usually teenagers, i just googled how. You think a bored teen can't do the same? Once you know somebody has a smart lock that person is on that bored teens radar. All they have to do is allow their smartphone to unlock the door to the house they wanna rob. They know the owners not home cuz they been watching. Sound believable or is that too TV scenario for you?
As opposed to pickable locks?
Have you ever hacked anything before?
Have you ever successfully picked a lock before?

The hack doesn't require you to understand how it works, so you're paying for inferior tech. Congratulations, you played yourselves and potentially your family.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
You laugh? Before the internet people was smarter and didn't snitch on themselves for the gram or in music. That's normal now. Your logic is normal but flawed. You can't pick a lock unless you playing metal gear :camby: now Google hacking a smart lock and watch what comes up :ufdup: here's the first thing that came up...

So how does it work? Im assuming usually teenagers, i just googled how. You think a bored teen can't do the same? Once you know somebody has a smart lock that person is on that bored teens radar. All they have to do is allow their smartphone to unlock the door to the house they wanna rob. They know the owners not home cuz they been watching. Sound believable or is that too TV scenario for you?

The hack doesn't require you to understand how it works, so you're paying for inferior tech. Congratulations, you played yourselves and potentially your family.

Most thieves are not sophisticated and physical locks are better for now but everything is going to shift to smart locks if they can improve the security which I don’t see why they couldn’t, I just don’t see it as a huge risk compared to traditional locks, although for now it probably is slightly more risky. If a theif really wants to get in they’ll break a window.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

The hack you linked requires the owner to have already installed a malicious 3rd party app with SmartThings. The lock itself is no more hackable than your garage door.
In real life, its gonna require more effort than simply cracking a window and unlocking it. Hence the reason you apply security in layers. Motion detecting cameras, window sensors, and smart locks + backup internet connection. Also, ZWave is more secure than Wifi

I'll hear him breaking the window and he will be promptly exterminated

I'm not ready to get comfortable with computer security for mechanical devices like locks

This is assuming you arent home.
If you are home, you will 1) likely hear the door unlock, 2)Get a notification on your phone for the door unlocking and 3) have a thief bold enough to rob the house while folks are home AND smart enough to put in the effort to use hacking tools. Does not compute

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Taking notes, this is one thing I don't have even tho my crib is pretty smart.
:jbhmm:

I have heard about the police being buddied up with Ring for doorbells, so I can imagine if I look into it enough I can find something for smart locks too.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset

How are you so old yet so dumb?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Most thieves are not sophisticated and physical locks are better for now but everything is going to shift to smart locks if they can improve the security which I don’t see why they couldn’t, I just don’t see it as a huge risk compared to traditional locks, although for now it probably is slightly more risky. If a theif really wants to get in they’ll break a window.
Your username is poor and dangerous but your words read like you never been around poor and dangerous people. First off, stop acting like you know the makeup of a criminal. Anyone of sent race, creed or intelligence can be a cat burglar. Like if criminals don't have access to the same shyt you do, like they don't surf the net, like some don't post on this forum? This forum exist because ***** hacked some shyt, but a door lock? Now you gotta be sophisticated or else they would just break a window!!! OPEN AND SHUT CASE JOHNSON!!! (:ufdup:)

That video isn't easier than downloading an app :francis:
Also, smart locks have key holes as well so if you're not "sophisticated" you can still handle your business the old fashioned way...
The hack you linked requires the owner to have already installed a malicious 3rd party app with SmartThings. The lock itself is no more hackable than your garage door.
In real life, its gonna require more effort than simply cracking a window and unlocking it. Hence the reason you apply security in layers. Motion detecting cameras, window sensors, and smart locks + backup internet connection. Also, ZWave is more secure than Wifi

This is assuming you arent home.
If you are home, you will 1) likely hear the door unlock, 2)Get a notification on your phone for the door unlocking and 3) have a thief bold enough to rob the house while folks are home AND smart enough to put in the effort to use hacking tools. Does not compute
Incorrect sir, the owner doesn't not need to install a third party app :stop: smart things is the name of what Samsung uses for their online connectivity shyt. My phone is Samsung, smart things is what connects my phone to my TV or my bluetooth speaker/ etc. The hacker hacks into smart things via an app you can download from any black market store or a simple Google search. I didn't pay for internet for two years because i know how to hack into comcast service. It involves changing your ip at the right time so it'll allow you to connect without checking to see if your free hour is up (you get two free hours a month per IP address).

Now my video shows multiple ways to do this but the first way explained how they get the code. You said 3 things to mowgli and number 2 is exactly how they steal your shyt :facepalm:the second way is just to set another password via the internet.
How are you so old yet so dumb?
Could you elaborate :popcorn: