Anyone suffer/been through depression?

Luna

All Star
Daps
I've never really considered taking pills because I heard personal horror stories from a relative who had a bad experience with them. I suppose eating the right foods and exercising may help a lot with my general health (physically and psychologically.)

Has anyone been diagnosed with depression and subsequently 'cured' without resorting to antidepressants? I'd appreciate any tips!

Boujee Bonita Braxton

Spell *My* Name
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nueve Uno Dos
I've been there. My junior year of high school got pretty rough for me and I considered suicide.

After my mom found out she got me to a psychiatrist asap but she nor the meds she prescribed didn't help.

Honestly I don't know what I did to "get through". I just started doing things that made me feel purposeful.

I still have bad feelings sometimes so I know I'm not 100% cured and my other illnesses don't make it any better however I just think of the people that matter to me and who I matter to and the things that I have to be grateful for and what I can possibly do (within reason) to change the things I'm not happy about in m life... That tends to help.

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I mean to start therapy is great because you're able to release whatever out and start anew. I've been meditating twice a day for almost two months now and feel much better mentally and physically. It was a long path to this point but I'm a lot better.

Check for free groups and programs with counselling, they're actually not too bad. Plus you gotta start somewhere.. medication is kind of a last resort thing to me imo but I'm not a doctor so talk to your family doctor if you think that would help.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:blessed: I agree with a majority of these replies, I've accepted my depression for the most part but I don't give into it; at this point in my life I'm using it as a tool to better myself, it motivates me to work harder and hit the gym and eat healthier(sometimes; other times I fast and piss off @daria but she hasn't offered to become my personal chef:pacspit:)

I hope I make it into dar dar's journal one day :queen: "Dear diary he tagged me again today, he asked me to be his personal chef, what could it mean does he have any intentions?"

OGBIGBOY187

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cam's Range Rover
Yeah, it sure is a fickle bytch.

When I was going through it it felt like nobody was around even tho I have my best friends but I was always the one making people laugh so I felt like who's gonna listen to my problems. I was drinking a lot and just being sad nshyt all the time. When I realized I had it bad I was watching that movie 'Her' and I just let it all out. I eventually got better but I feel like no one really overcomes it because it lingers. Any little thing can set you back but it gets better.

If no one else does I love yall:mjcry:

Daps
i personally think medicines work best for people who are having serious episodes where they may harm themselves or other people.

talk therapy, yoga, journaling, and trying to have a healthier and more balanced life does help (reduce stress and depression triggers if possible, eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, make time for yourself, rediscover hobbies). if you have friends and family you can lean on do that too.

i suffered through depression for years (middle school all through adult hood) and i wish i had the resources to deal with it because it robbed me of a lot of experiences

Last edited:

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Hit the gym and go run helps me.. Also weed after with some reading material some kind of positive reading..

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
Im always depressed to be honest. But im a functional depressed if that makes sense. I use my hobbies and inspirational/self improvement videos to help me through it.