Anyone remember the show called South Central?

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Bruh 90s was really GOAT Black television yet they say we have made progress and the depictions of blacks are at an all time low
For real!

That's one of the reasons I stopped watching TV back in the day (2008)...I just noticed it get increasingly white over the years and the black representation on television slowly but surely decreasing. I grew up on TV in the late 80s and throughout the 90s....it was just way too obvious.

The last time I watched TV was when I went back home to visit family back in September of last year...it was honestly an unbearable onslaught of white faces and the only black people I could even find on there were on BET and reality shows like The Real Housewives of Atlanta and Love and Hip-Hop. Turned it on just to get an idea of what it was like after all of those years of not watching it on a regular basis. Turned it off afterwards and never looked back since just being completely disguested.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
For real!

That's one of the reasons I stopped watching TV back in the day (2008)...I just noticed it get increasingly white over the years and the black representation on television slowly but surely decreasing. I grew up on TV in the late 80s and throughout the 90s....it was just way too obvious.

The last time I watched TV was when I went back home to visit family back in September of last year...it was honestly an unbearable onslaught of white faces and the only black people I could even find on there were on BET and reality shows like The Real Housewives of Atlanta and Love and Hip-Hop. Turned it on just to get an idea of what it was like after all of those years of not watching it on a regular basis. Turned it off afterwards and never looked back since just being completely disguested.

Yup i cut cable completely. I have youtube built into my tv and a chromecast so i pretty much just stream old tv shows, movies, lectures for entertainment.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
You can’t have a south central thread without mentioning the episode where he gets ran for his shoes while riding the bus