Anyone playing Phantasy Star Online 2?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
is anyone having issues? i could play yesterday but today the shyt gave me an error and didnt launch again. i had to uninstall it and try again

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
is anyone having issues? i could play yesterday but today the shyt gave me an error and didnt launch again. i had to uninstall it and try again
Yeah, Windows Store is hot trash for me. Had to set up accounts just for this game....

Working on getting the controls together now and fixing other small stuff to get it smoothed out.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I'm having the weirdest performance issues getting this going so far, but its still a crazy trip down memory lane.

You guys play on controller or mouse and keyboard?

I use a controller with a keyboard to type.

The game on PC is very sensitive.

Once you install it, always say yes when the UAC pops up, even by accident. Only close the launcher using the red X in the upper right hand corner.

Also be awhile that whatever drive you use, if you reinstalled already, it may still have the back up files downloaded (they take up 60+gb!)

Need to do some Windows folder permission magic to be able to delete it :francis:

Dont pin the launcher, to your task or start menu. It may uninstall itself :skip:

It's like you gotta be in IT to fix this shyt:russ:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I use a controller with a keyboard to type.

The game on PC is very sensitive.

Once you install it, always say yes when the UAC pops up, even by accident. Only close the launcher using the red X in the upper right hand corner.

Also be awhile that whatever drive you use, if you reinstalled already, it may still have the back up files downloaded (they take up 60+gb!)

Need to do some Windows folder permission magic to be able to delete it :francis:

Dont pin the launcher, to your task or start menu. It may uninstall itself :skip:

It's like you gotta be in IT to fix this shyt:russ:

Welp. I see where my problem came from. This shyt would be laughable if it didn't take so damn long to download.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
I dun did everything they said don't do, pinned the launcher, used virtual fullscreen all that

And its been smooth ass sailing for me, no issues at all

One thing I've heard is that people who using all the features like xbox gamepass app, gamedvr and stuff aren't having problems...maybe thats it

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Just posted in the discord

@NA Hey everyone! We've finished adding in preliminary support for PSO2NA to the Tweaker. What this means is that you can do the following with the game after installing it through the Windows Store: - Update it through the Tweaker, with a super fast resumeable patch system - Change graphical settings, sound, etc without editing an INI and hoping - Fix Gameguard errors, permission issues, and other problems and more!

This also means the Tweaker supports both JP and NA, and you can switch between them freely and instantly if you play on both servers. (You'll have to re-select where your JP game is located!). In addition, we've found a painless and easy way to update and patch and play PSO2 NA without messing with permissions or mutables or any of that crap. You can see more information here, in the setup guide: PSO2 Setup Guide. We've tested this a bunch of people and it's worked flawlessly each time, when they all had previous issues with the original launcher/permissions/all that stuff we've all been dealing with.

Also, we can confirm that the game nuking itself is indeed caused by installing the game to a drive other than the one Windows is on. When you reboot (or sometimes exit the game), it tries to do silly Windows Store stuff and breaks the link between the game folder and the store, so the store thinks it's corrupt and nukes it, asking you to reinstall. We're continuing to work on NA support in the Tweaker as we speak, and we'll keep you updated as we do. Thank you all for your support, patience, and encouraging words while you waited. Keep in mind there might will be bugs (beta testing is hard!), feel free to post about them in #na-tech-support and we'll get you sorted out. So, what are you waiting for? Head over to Arks-Layer, grab the PSO2 Tweaker, follow the setup guide, and get to play the damn game already!

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Thanks for all the tips and help.

Still trying to iron out some things, but I've got it playable at least. I figured the hub itself is just a trainwreck - it plays much better outside of it.

Controller support is a headache but in the meantime this ain't too bad.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin

Still trying to iron out some things, but I've got it playable at least. I figured the hub itself is just a trainwreck - it plays much better outside of it.

Yea the hub world has been a mess forever and since it’s only 3 ships open it’s a hot ass mess

they gonna have to open more soon

parallax

Superstar
Daps

the only way i got my controller to work was with ds4windows

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Getting there. Feels like I've had to install everything all over again to get this performing 'okay'.

Fun though

I couldn't get this to recognize my DS4 or my scuf controller :dead:
pso2 or ds4windows?

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
The sigma weapons are GOD tier for your subclasses....

It makes leveling up new classes a breeze, just bring a powerful old class and all the sigma weapons use low DEX under 500 in exchange for great power

Leveling up my gunner is cake since I'm using a sigma katana for my level 50 Braver subclass, and get access to all my skills

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
The gunner class is fun as shyt.....basically get to do some John Woo shyt on animals

:dead:

My Windows 10 character coming along well too
image0.jpg

Phantasy_Star_Online_2_5_30_2020_4_33_57_PM.png

For shyts and giggles play PSO1 on the ephinea server

Ephinea__Phantasy_Star_Online_Blue_Burst_5_30_2020_5_02_58_PM.png

Then on dreamcast

image0.jpg