Anyone on here use CricKet?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Has their :flabbynsick: service improved at all? I just caught that $100 for 5 lines (ulimited talk, text + data) promo fly across my screen when searching for a new lumia.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Cricket moved/got bought by AT&T and thus use those towers now so signal is improved compared to the old Sprint deal. I still think they're too pricey though.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Cricket moved/got bought by AT&T and thus use those towers now so signal is improved compared to the old Sprint deal. I still think they're too pricey though.
$20 a line might just be worth it, especially if its on AT&T's network

I'll ask around if people are interested

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
I just switched from T-Mobile and i'm testing it now. So far the coverage is better, but they cap you at 4mbps for 3G and 8mbps for LTE. You can't tell you're capped outside of the speedtest, so it's not a big deal. I have to see how it goes when you're throttled and if it's usable for basic use.

I was getting edge speeds for T-Mobile in some parts of westchester and no service when I would go into large buildings or basements. I get $100 credit for switching, so i'm not losing anything by trying it out. $35 for Unlimited Talk/Text and 500MB of data then you get throttled.

ItzDaKiing

Freedom
Daps
cricket.jpg

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I just switched from T-Mobile and i'm testing it now. So far the coverage is better, but they cap you at 4mbps for 3G and 8mbps for LTE. You can't tell you're capped outside of the speedtest, so it's not a big deal. I have to see how it goes when you're throttled and if it's usable for basic use.

I was getting edge speeds for T-Mobile in some parts of westchester and no service when I would go into large buildings or basements. I get $100 credit for switching, so i'm not losing anything by trying it out. $35 for Unlimited Talk/Text and 500MB of data then you get throttled.
Yeah I am not sure I am willing to spend $35 per month for CricKet, but a cool $20 is well worth it IMO

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
$20 a line might just be worth it, especially if its on AT&T's network

I'll ask around if people are interested

Pile on. I can't hate on that method. I just think their individual plans are :huhldup:

Does each device get their own data lane or its all shared? I believe the T-Mobile one has individual data caps.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Pile on. I can't hate on that method. I just think their individual plans are :huhldup:

Does each device get their own data lane or its all shared? I believe the T-Mobile one has individual data caps.
Each gets 500MB of high speed data, then throttled. I will probably have 2 people that will not care at all. I am with my hotspot on all the time, so the $20 for the unlimited talk + text on the AT&T network is worth it alone. The data is just a plus

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Each gets 500MB of high speed data, then throttled. I will probably have 2 people that will not care at all. I am with my hotspot on all the time, so the $20 for the unlimited talk + text on the AT&T network is worth it alone. The data is just a plus

T-Mobile offers 2.5GB then throttle for each device. Fortunately they have good coverage in Chicago so I'm not as moved to be on AT&T's towers. On top of cap free music streaming.

Damn I need to go back to T-Mobile. :lupe:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
T-Mobile offers 2.5GB then throttle for each device. Fortunately they have good coverage in Chicago so I'm not as moved to be on AT&T's towers. On top of cap free music streaming.

Damn I need to go back to T-Mobile. :lupe:
For $100 flat? I have to check that out then. Do they just throttle and don't cut you off completely?

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit

edit: Ahhh T-Mobile is 4 lines for $100 + Taxes, CricKet is 5 lines for $100 with taxes included.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Yeah guess I forgot that tidbit. The end charge amount is five bucks different and I see more upsides with T. :manny:

And they throttle. You'll still have data access however slow that becomes.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Yeah guess I forgot that tidbit. The end charge amount is five bucks different and I see more upsides with T. :manny:

And they throttle. You'll still have data access however slow that becomes.
it's about $9.25 extra per line when taxes are factored in.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4