Anyone know how to build a hackintosh?

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
I plan on building my own pc down the road but I plan on buying 2 ssds one for windows the other for macOS

I heard you can't just slap a mac OS onto a hard-drive though you need the right component, how do I go about this

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I made a hackintosh a few years ago.

The first thing to choose a correct mobo, ram, etc. There are great guides out there, just do a search

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I built one a few years ago. There's not really much to building one now. They have full part compatibility lists that makes it super easy to pick a fully compatible system. Go to tonymacx86 and Reddit to get the latest and greatest guide.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
I made a hackintosh a few years ago.

The first thing to choose a correct mobo, ram, etc. There are great guides out there, just do a search
I built one a few years ago. There's not really much to building one now. They have full part compatibility lists that makes it super easy to pick a fully compatible system. Go to tonymacx86 and Reddit to get the latest and greatest guide.
What about dual systems did you guys ever figure out a way to over come that? My boy get annoyed when he has to switch back to pc for gaming and go through a bunch of BIOS nonsense to get the correct compatibly for the games to work

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Nah you have to dual boot, no way around that. Again tho, go to tonymacx86 and search for compatibility. You got some work ahead of you. I use a hackintosh now and it's not without a couple hiccups.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
What about dual systems did you guys ever figure out a way to over come that? My boy get annoyed when he has to switch back to pc for gaming and go through a bunch of BIOS nonsense to get the correct compatibly for the games to work

I didn't have any issues dual booting my box. It didn't require any BIOS modifications to boot. This was probably in 2013/14 though. Either way, I'd suggest having a bootable partition dedicated to booting a stable OS (Windows or a Linux flavor).