Anyone graduate college and regret the degree they chose?

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Man this accounting thing isn't for me, I don't know if I should go back to school for engineering or something else, or save up and just gamble all my money on an investment of some sort. Any of you brehs in/ been in a similar position?

Solano707

The Coli's dirty Afro-Mexicano
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California (Live in GA)
I have a BS in Computer Info Systems and a MA Organizational Leadership.
For CIS, it works for my job in the Army - glad I did it.
For the MAOL - as an officer, it makes you see leadership in a different light - totally worth it.

No regrets at all.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I have a degree in Engineering and I dont regret it even though I don't see myself working in engineering in the next few years.

The skills I learned in engineering aren't applicable anywhere else really but the worth ethic it gave me and the ability to look at the world objectively and solve problems is :ohlawd: status.

It gave me that extra edge in everything in life that I have over people who took easy degrees.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I have a degree in Engineering and I dont regret it even though I don't see myself working in engineering in the next few years.

The skills I learned in engineering aren't applicable anywhere else really but the worth ethic it gave me and the ability to look at the world objectively and solve problems is :ohlawd: status.

It gave me that extra edge in everything in life that I have over people who took easy degrees.
Why you don't see yourself working in engineering in the next few years?

Which engineering degree did you get?

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Why you don't see yourself working in engineering in the next few years?

Which engineering degree did you get?

Mechanical

Engineering is cool but I just dont see myself slaving away at a company, having them use my mind/talent and then firing me and getting someone new/cheap after a few years which is what usually happens. I majored in engineering because I didnt know what I wanted to do in life and because I was afraid to be a boss/entrepreneur/salesmen. I just wanted to go to a job and get paid. I want more from my life. I mean eventually i may still be in engineering but on the business side, not on the technical side. And on some real shyt, I was a B and C student lol. Did get a few As here and there.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Mechanical

Engineering is cool but I just dont see myself slaving away at a company, having them use my mind/talent and then firing me and getting someone new/cheap after a few years which is what usually happens. I majored in engineering because I didnt know what I wanted to do in life and because I was afraid to be a boss/entrepreneur/salesmen. I just wanted to go to a job and get paid. I want more from my life. I mean eventually i may still be in engineering but on the business side, not on the technical side. And on some real shyt, I was a B and C student lol. Did get a few As here and there.
How did you do in calc 2, 3 and 4 :lupe:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
International Security and Conflict Resolution with a minor in both Japanese and Philosophy. .I just dikked around a lot until I got into law school. No regrets. Just partied and argued with people a lot.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls

:salute: This was the only thing I was willing to come to college for. My ol' dumb ass came in and picked chemical because the schools around here don't have specialized Petroleum engineering majors and :whew:. Toughest shyt I've ever done in my life, but 1 more year breh.....just 1 more year :noah:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Man this accounting thing isn't for me, I don't know if I should go back to school for engineering or something else, or save up and just gamble all my money on an investment of some sort. Any of you brehs in/ been in a similar position?
Well, my first degree was kind of a stepping stone. I don't regret it, but I'm not using it now. I chose to change careers to a more stable career path, as in more job opportunities. IT was the way to go. When I was unemployed after getting laid off, I saw so many programming/computer jobs online and in newspapers, but the business management jobs were few and the pay was awful. IT is not exciting or any more exciting that business management, but the pay is way better.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Well, my first degree was kind of a stepping stone. I don't regret it, but I'm not using it now. I chose to change careers to a more stable career path, as in more job opportunities. IT was the way to go. When I was unemployed after getting laid off, I saw so many programming/computer jobs online and in newspapers, but the business management jobs were few and the pay was awful. IT is not exciting or any more exciting that business management, but the pay is way better.

Did you go back to school?