Anyone got more than one gym membership?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm thinking about doing this, keep in mind i was paying well over what I'd pay for both of these each month.

Through my job, we have a discount to a nicer, but small, chain of gyms, $300 for the year, these have better weight & cardio equipment, spin classes you can actually get into, clean locker rooms, and not over crowded, a membership here usually runs folks $119-159/month. Downside, less "urban" music in group fitness classes and they have bootleg group fitness classes - like the teachers make up their own variation of existing classes yet they never end up as challenging

Also thinking about adding a 24 Hour fitness membership for $30/month, these gyms, especially in Oakland, suck. Always crowded, broken equipment, you gotta show up an hour before spin class to sign up...then half the bikes are broken, a whole bunch of see and be seen bullshyt...only thing is, I love their group fitness classes - Turbokick, Insanity, Grit, BopdyPump (don't tell me to do the DVD's, I work way harder in a public class than I do at home, plus I don't have obstacles and furniture to worry about having to avoid) and of course they have a million locations

Thinking about having 24 Hr as an option when I just want to do a quick cardio/bootcamp class and a membership to the other for everything else, but part of me is feeling like "are you serious :beli:"

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:lolbron:I had two. One was my original gym and the other was a smaller gym next to my office.

I actually got kicked out of the one by my office but they haven't cancelled my access card. Using until they figure it out.....

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

LOL not that interesting. It's in one building that's in competition with the building we lease so they decided not to let anyone not leasing in the building be a member. Stupid strategy but they aren't smart enough to realize I use the locker room every week day.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I got one by my job that lets me use any of the six locations in the area. There's one right next to the office and then there's another one about 10 mins from the crib. I got a Planet Fitness membership too since it's right across the street from my crib. Thinking about letting that one go soon though since we're moving and the only reason I got it was for convenience of being able to run right across the street on the days I work from home. Was thinking about joining the Lifetime Fitness they're building about 15 minutes from the crib, but it's not going to be open 24/7 so I don't see the point of paying big money for a gym that ain't open 24/7.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got two but they only me $30 per month between them. I'm going to add another. I'm only doing this to basically FORCE myself to get into shape. I'm not working right now and I'm single and I might be thirty pounds overweight so I have no excuse to not get into great shape. The fact that I'm paying for three memberships will effectively force my mindset to go to each of these gyms at least three times per week.

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
I have a discounted rate through work for NYSC (that I go to on the weekend) but I might holla at the planet fitness across the street from my job. I can park, go workout, shower, and walk to work :blessed:

They got robbed a few months ago tho :sadcam:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Just joined LA fitness in GA. Was just gonna use guest passes but walked in and homie was like $30 a month, no registration fee, no cancellation fee, pay first/last month and good 2 go.

Couldn't pass it up :yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I got two but they only me $30 per month between them. I'm going to add another. I'm only doing this to basically FORCE myself to get into shape. I'm not working right now and I'm single and I might be thirty pounds overweight so I have no excuse to not get into great shape. The fact that I'm paying for three memberships will effectively force my mindset to go to each of these gyms at least three times per week.
um, getting a third membership isn't going to do anything more than cost you more. are you using the two you have? if not, i suggest putting together a schedule and sticking to it.

a few years ago (shyt, like 8 years now :sadbron:), i was in your same situation, just graduated. not working, single, hanging on to the college 20 i gained. had a gym membership and wasn't using it. but once i chose some classes (two spin classes and two kickboxing classes), i hit gym 4 days a week based on picking those classes, added weights the three weekdays i went, the weekend it was just kickboxing. nothing worked to get me in the gym before, but having a clear schedule made it easy, i didn't rely on "going when i felt like it"

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
You should use something better than gym memberships to motivate you to get in shape breh...

Like p*ssy... Or money, or both. Better you look the more you'll be able to get both I guess :yeshrug:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You should use something better than gym memberships to motivate you to get in shape breh...

Like p*ssy... Or money, or both. Better you look the more you'll be able to get both I guess :yeshrug:
That's the thing though, I literally have no problem getting p*ssy. I've never had that issue so it's not a motivator. Money is a motivation in my life, obviously, but it's not going to motivate me to work out. Now the fact that I already spent the money will motivate me to take advantage or whatever I spent it on. Besides, $50 per month between three gyms isn't exactly breaking the bank.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That's the thing though, I literally have no problem getting p*ssy. I've never had that issue so it's not a motivator. Money is a motivation in my life, obviously, but it's not going to motivate me to work out. Now the fact that I already spent the money will motivate me to take advantage or whatever I spent it on. Besides, $50 per month between three gyms isn't exactly breaking the bank.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Hope that works out for you then breh. IN my experience, buying shyt never motivated me to do shyt. But everyone's different