Anyone got a LG C9 Or any other OLED and games on it?

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
I've had my C8 for over a year and I haven't had any burn-ins or image retentions yet, although I tend to disable the HUD in some game and run the pixel refresher occasionally just to be on the safe side.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Thanj you, this helpa, so u think i should just get it?

Absolutely, OLED is as good as it gets. Wonderful TV.

Wait what? So the HUD can damage the tv?

Yes. For the first 100 hours or so, it's a good idea to watch stuff that uses the entire screen with no logos or HUDs. Also, don't leave the OLED Light and Brightness settings where they are by default. When you pause the game, if the HUD stays up, turn the TV off until you come back. What got me worse is the stuff I play's HUDs are red and yellow, the easiest colors to burn in. If I had someone to tell me like you do now, I would have avoided all of it. Join AVS Forum and read the thread for the model you're getting, and they'll tell you EVERYTHING. If you do what you're supposed to, you won't get any.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
C7 No issues, Play xbox on it.

Never leave a PC hooked up too long, and when I do it's normally mirrored via windows so the TV still goes to screen saver mode.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Absolutely, OLED is as good as it gets. Wonderful TV.

Yes. For the first 100 hours or so, it's a good idea to watch stuff that uses the entire screen with no logos or HUDs. Also, don't leave the OLED Light and Brightness settings where they are by default. When you pause the game, if the HUD stays up, turn the TV off until you come back. What got me worse is the stuff I play's HUDs are red and yellow, the easiest colors to burn in. If I had someone to tell me like you do now, I would have avoided all of it. Join AVS Forum and read the thread for the model you're getting, and they'll tell you EVERYTHING. If you do what you're supposed to, you won't get any.
This is a great help man, thank you!!!

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I looked at a few reviews and they are saying the SONY X950H is as good as the C9, is that possible?

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Unless you literally watch CNN all day or have the exact same HUD on screen for months you don't have to worry about burn in.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ended up buying this TV. It's better than my C7 but the C7 is no slouch either. All my active TVs are OLED now.

The thing that pains me is back in 2015 I spend $2500 on that 55 inch 4K Samsung JS9000 and in 2020 it just sits in the corner cause I'm not selling it for pennies on the dollar I paid for it.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Unless you literally watch CNN all day or have the exact same HUD on screen for months you don't have to worry about burn in.

Yeah, unless it's running in a sports bar or office lobby, burn in isn't an issue.