Anyone ever subscribe to a meal prep service?

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the fukk...who pays to have someone prep their meal unless u wealthy? :dead:
i cook all my shyt the morning of so everything is fresh. meal prep is over rated imo. just buy enough food for the week and make it fresh as u go.
I hate cooking. Its time consuming and boring. Rather get it all.out the way early in the week.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
the fukk...who pays to have someone prep their meal unless u wealthy? :dead:
i cook all my shyt the morning of so everything is fresh. meal prep is over rated imo. just buy enough food for the week and make it fresh as u go.
Ain't nobody got time to be cooking breakfast every morning let alone for the whole day :stopitslime:

I usually grill up a bunch of chicken for salads (lunch) on sundays, wash lettuce and put it in my veggie saver bin

Breakfast - I make my own chicken or turkey sausage for the week, 4 servings of oatmeal - that gets me thru my work days, except Tuesday WFH so cook fresh breakfast

Dinner is seafood, I'll either use preseasoned fish or sear a fresh piece and steam veggies - so it not too hard to cook dinner daily

Meal prep is helpful if you usually got packed days - kids, variable work hours, two jobs, taking classes, long commute - that said people complicate it by trying to cook a bunch of intricate shyt. IMO, meal prep is about hitting the basic calories and macros you set for yourself, make a couple palatable meals but don't get carried away. I see nikkas making sesame curry something or other, mushroom ragu grilled polenta, blah blah blah. Nah, grill up a bunch of meat, wash and prep veggies, and call it a day

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Ain't nobody got time to be cooking breakfast every morning let alone for the whole day :stopitslime:

I usually grill up a bunch of chicken for salads (lunch) on sundays, wash lettuce and put it in my veggie saver bin

Breakfast - I make my own chicken or turkey sausage for the week, 4 servings of oatmeal - that gets me thru my work days, except Tuesday WFH so cook fresh breakfast

Dinner is seafood, I'll either use preseasoned fish or sear a fresh piece and steam veggies - so it not too hard to cook dinner daily

Meal prep is helpful if you usually got packed days - kids, variable work hours, two jobs, taking classes, long commute - that said people complicate it by trying to cook a bunch of intricate shyt. IMO, meal prep is about hitting the basic calories and macros you set for yourself, make a couple palatable meals but don't get carried away. I see nikkas making sesame curry something or other, mushroom ragu grilled polenta, blah blah blah. Nah, grill up a bunch of meat, wash and prep veggies, and call it a day

:mjlol:

breakfast = protein shake, eggwhites, oatmeal woth freah fruit and turkey bacon. takes like 10 mins.

lunch = 10oz chicken, veggies, brown rice. 25 mins to make.

thats 35 mins of your time each morning to make. dinner i have after i get home which takes another 15 to 20 mins. im married with 2 kids and accomplish this shyt easily :stopitslime:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:mjlol:

breakfast = protein shake, eggwhites, oatmeal woth freah fruit and turkey bacon. takes like 10 mins.

lunch = 10oz chicken, veggies, brown rice. 25 mins to make.

thats 35 mins of your time each morning to make. dinner i have after i get home which takes another 15 to 20 mins. im married with 2 kids and accomplish this shyt easily :stopitslime:
Good for you, I don't have an extra 40 minutes each morning. I work out in the morning - up at 5:15 back home at 7:15, and need to be on my way to work at 8:15 - it takes me that hour (shyt hour 20) to make a post workout shake, get showered, dressed, do my hair (and makeup), and put together my food for the day if I didn't pack everything the night before.

Most people don't have an extra 40+ minutes in the morning unless they get up 40 minutes earlier which may not be feasible depending on what time they sleep. Why do that when you can cook in bulk up front and keep it movin :yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Oh gee, how do all those billions of people worldwide cope. :comeon:
:what:

You know damn well what type of people I'm talking about...I don't know ANYONE whoo cooks a fresh 3 meals every damn morning, I don't even know people who cook breakfast everyday - I'm not counting pouring a bowl of cereal, grabbing a cup of yogurt, or throwing some protein powder in a shaker cup as cooking either.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what:

You know damn well what type of people I'm talking about...I don't know ANYONE whoo cooks a fresh 3 meals every damn morning, I don't even know people who cook breakfast everyday - I'm not counting pouring a bowl of cereal, grabbing a cup of yogurt, or throwing some protein powder in a shaker cup as cooking either.
Look breh, if you wanna be lazy or you’ve got the money to splash go right ahead. It’s your money. All I’m saying is that your excuses simply don’t wash.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Look breh, if you wanna be lazy or you’ve got the money to splash go right ahead. It’s your money. All I’m saying is that your excuses simply don’t wash.
What the hell are you talking about? I just said in this thread I'm an advocate of meal prep - meals you make yourself. I simply don't see the point of trying to make everything fresh each day, especially cooking 2-3 meals each morning before work.

:camby:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What the hell are you talking about? I just said in this thread I'm an advocate of meal prep - meals you make yourself. I simply don't see the point of trying to make everything fresh each day, especially cooking 2-3 meals each morning before work.

:camby:
I’d rock your jaw with nasty left hooks :wow: