Anyone ever read 50th law by Robert Greene and 50 cent?

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
Anyone here ever read this book? How does it compare to Robert Greene's other in your opinion?

Last edited:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
the audio book is on youtube i think or you can download it, i listened to a few chapters. it sounds like a money grab and might have stalled robert greenes writing career because it was just a homage to 50 cent. talking about what rules he used in his crack supplying days .... it wasnt that interesting.

maybe the book is better or it gets better as more chapters unfold, but personally the little i have listened to i didnt like that much.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
the book is kind of weak compared to the other one

i think its cause they use 50 cents childhood and first few years as a star as the main thing, both books are easy reads compared to alot of older books

are their gems in the book? yeah a few , nothing mind changing

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
the book is kind of weak compared to the other one

i think its cause they use 50 cents childhood and first few years as a star as the main thing, both books are easy reads compared to alot of older books

are their gems in the book? yeah a few , nothing mind changing
any books you would recommend that are similar?

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The rules themselves are interesting, but the way that Robert Greene attempted to tie 50's life into it didn't always make sense. If you listen to the audio book without the references to 50 Cent, it's actually a great read. My two favorite chapters are Know When to Be Bad (aggression) and See things for what they are (intense realism)

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
any books you would recommend that are similar?

id say think and grow rich by napoleon hill is a very good one if you compare it

some would say The secret by rhonda is a good one, only read a few pages, seems like a good read

Ego Is the Enemy
outwitting the devil
art of war

most books that are like art of war , most of them kind of have the same theme (lessons to better yourself, or see where your mistakes or decisions can put you in)

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Read it, didn't hear it

The read was dope to me, I'd recommend it

The main idea is to overcome the various fears that get in our way

It used 50s street life and rap success as ways to illustrate 50 looking fear in the face and telling it to go fukk itself and instructs the reader how to do the same

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
The rules themselves are interesting, but the way that Robert Greene attempted to tie 50's life into it didn't always make sense. If you listen to the audio book without the references to 50 Cent, it's actually a great read. My two favorite chapters are Know When to Be Bad (aggression) and See things for what they are (intense realism)

I think in some spots it was a try hard but practicing being fearless was still a good takeaway that I got from the book

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I think in some spots it was a try hard but practicing being fearless was still a good takeaway that I got from the book

I agree there were some good takeaways from the book. I like many of the laws from the 50th law better than the 48 laws of Power. Being fearless is probably the most important law in either book tho.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Read part of the book. But nah, it may be like the 48 laws of power but it's not the same thing obviously so it just comes off like a try hard book.

The magic of the 48 laws of power is the author's knowledge of history. In the 50th law he struggles to tie 50 cent's life to historical figure's exploits.

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Read part of the book. But nah, it may be like the 48 laws of power but it's not the same thing obviously so it just comes off like a try hard book.

The magic of the 48 laws of power is the author's knowledge of history. In the 50th law he struggles to tie 50 cent's life to historical figure's exploits.

Exactlt. That was my only issue with the book. Besides that, the book is good. The audiobook is better if you can get it without 50s exploits in them.

lib123

All Star
Daps
This book is massively underrated. More young brehs on here should read books like this and chase their dreams instead of chasing girls, wasting time on social media, etc. The caveat is you have to have high self confidence to truly understand the book.