Anyone ever had a concussion?

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
With the whole Kevin Ware thing that just happened and people talking about Sid Vicious, one thing led to another and I ended up getting led to the topic of concussions..

Then I came to this video:

After doing some research and hearing about "post-concussion syndrome" I'm shook as fukk to get a concussion. It's said that the aftereffects can last YEARS or even be permanent in some cases, really fukking up your life and making it hard to concentrate

:damn:

Any of you had a concussion? If so, what was it like?

Last edited by a moderator:

Binary

Banned
Daps
Yup, I couldn't see straight for a couple days. I was constantly dizzy. It was terrible. I still think I'm dealing with symptoms of it.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
playing football with my homies, slipped on the grass, back of my head hit the ground first

it felt like my brain was bouncing around like a basketball in my skull and my eyes went straight star status and i felt like throwing up

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
yes i have post concussion syndrome right now. i hit my head during the Superbowl in 2012. 14 months later and im still feeling symptoms.

it sucks i really wish i was better but im starting to think ill never be the same. ask me anything ive been to so many doctors and done so much research on this shyt im an expert

Raph

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once but it only lasted a day and a bit... I just stayed in bed dizzy as fck, only got out of it once to throw up. Just watched a Games of Throne Marathon until I felt better.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Had two playing football. It's kinda cool, like stepping into a dream world, losing various amounts of time. Got one during practice and when I "came to" I completely forgot where I was, and how I got there. Asking my teammates crazy questions about where we were.

That was a few years ago, and I'd say I've def. had trouble concentrating since then.

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
yup,i trekked up Mt.Sinai with a concussion,fractured toe,blood drippin down my eye,at like 3 in the mowwnin,dodgin camels and Nigerian christians,almost got knocked off the mountain at some points

you see colors,feel lightheaded&almost nauseous at some points

oh the things we do for Moeshe&Yah***:ohlawd::blessed:

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
I've never had a concussion but my head was hit with something back in Dec. and I've had two "floaters" since, which developed like 2 days afterward. One floater is big and one is small...in the same eye. I woke up last night feeling like someone literally hit me over the head. Not a migraine (which I have very often, not related) or a regular headphone but like physical external pain like I had been hit. I originally got hit in the upper forehead, not even very hard. I'd already been feeling months of weird head sensations, so I figure it made a bad situation worse. :RoseSad:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
I've never had a concussion but my head was hit with something back in Dec. and I've had two "floaters" since, which developed like 2 days afterward. One floater is big and one is small...in the same eye. I woke up last night feeling like someone literally hit me over the head. Not a migraine (which I have very often, not related) or a regular headphone but like physical external pain like I had been hit. I originally got hit in the upper forehead, not even very hard. I'd already been feeling months of weird head sensations, so I figure it made a bad situation worse. :RoseSad:

i saw this tv show when i was younger about a similar story about a guy who one day got bonked on the head and after that he acted really strange and no one knew what was wrong with him but it ended up the only way to bring him out of it was to bonk him on the head again and it completely fixed the problem. might be worth a try?

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Yup. I've had 1 official concussion diagnosed by a team doctor and tons of times I got my bell rung playin football. On my official concusion, I felt this crazy headache and my ears were ringing, I felt a bit naseous and really confused.

It was like time slowed down. I stayed in the game tho. I didn't really know how bad it was until after the game and my nose was bleeding and the headache intesified. :to:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
Yup. I've had 1 official concussion dianosed by a team doctor and tons of times I got my bell rung playin football. On my official concusion, I felt this crazy headache and my ears were ringing, I felt a bit naseous and really confused.

It was like time slowed down. I stayed in the game tho. I didn't really know how bad it was until after the game and my nose was bleeding and the headache intesified. :to:

:salute: & :ufdup:

Daps
I haven't but my friend did and he was off work for about a week and a half, couldn't sleep, striking pain in his head and a bunch of other things. Didn't look good.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
i had 3 in a calendar year playing football, shyt sucks. my dad wouldnt let me play anymore. i didnt talk to him for a few months cuz i was mad, but now im glad he did it considering all these brain injuries. it also didnt help that i fractured my skull in two places when i was younger.