Anyone Ever Attended An Advanced Or Private Movie Screening?

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
- How did you acquire the tickets
- What movie was it
- How early did you show up
- How as the phone policy
- How was the experience

I'll have a few follow up questions once you guys reply to the thread.
I used to go to them all the time when I lived in the city, I still get email invites to them today. I actually get requests to be in focus groups or watch a film for a $30-50 visa gift card as well, but I haven’t done one of these yet.

Gofobo.com
Advancescreenings.com

They release tickets in waves, so if you see that one screening link is full, check the next day (around 11am) and there’s usually 2-3 more populated, so you can get a ticket. They give out more tickets than seats available, so it’s first come first serve. Sometimes they check names, majority don’t. I actually used photoshop to put my homie name on my ticket bc he wanted to see detective Pokémon before it came out and it worked lol

They’re usually held on a Tuesday or Thursday in the bay at 7pm, but sometimes you get lucky and get a Friday showing

I’ve seen The Witch before it came out with a Q&A with the director and Chris colombus, get out early, the US premiere of suspiria remake, midnight special, and more all for free. Highly recommend, just go kinda early (1hr, but depends on how popular the movie is) because it’s popular and there usually a line

Sometimes they make you put your phone in a pouch, but a majority of them let you keep it, but will kick you out if they see you on it

After the movie, they sometimes give you a paper to fill out to rate it, most of the time they don’t ask for anything and just say thank you for watching.

Last edited:

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
Used to go to them all the time 3-4 years ago.

Last one was Once Upon a Time in Hollywood where they put my phone in a pouch and held it for the entire movie.

You should get there early, about a hour & half, if it’s a popular movie get there 2 hours (I’m not joking). I live in NYC so shyt would get packed if you tried to get there 30 mins before it starts. I usually followed people on Twitter who were known for giving out screening passes and would get notifications when they dropped something.

The policy with phones is usually keep it in your pocket, they usually have someone patrolling around to make sure no one is sneaking pics or vids. They check to see if you actually grabbed a pass from whatever source you got it from. If you brought a friend and didn’t get a pass for them, welp :francis:

Overall it’s a cool experience.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
A nightmare on elm Street 5
Plenty of Hong kong films. Drunken master 2, rumble in bronx, fist.of legend, ipman 1, 3 and 4.two sammo hung films.

Enter the void
Irrerversable

Above the rim
The show
In bed with Madonna

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shaw Shazam a week early. Got an email through Fandango about it. Reserved seats so didn’t have to do anything special or show up early. They asked if people wanted to stay behind after the movie to discuss it, but it wasn’t mandatory

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
You know I’m old school so I miss the days where you had to be at a certain place (record store, for example) and had to wait in line to cop a physical pass before that bytch ran out :russ:

Getting free passes online are convenient (can do so from the crib or on your phone) and not (tons of a$$holes waiting at the same time from the crib or on their phone). I don’t get to as many advanced joints as I once did, but I miss ‘em

…I DID attend one recently. One where they used a tentative title, they took your phone, and had to do a survey afterwards. Can’t say shyt about it on social media. But to be…ahem *cryptic* about it…stars Stxrm Rxid lol

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Saw Black Panther in an advanced screening through Gofobo. The screening was at the Regal in Atlantic Station.

Shyt was dope.

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I think a week or two before the premiere?

I showed up like an hour and half before. It was packed and I saw a few celebs come through too.