Anyone Ever Attended An Advanced Or Private Movie Screening?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Latest one I attended was for The Black Phone. Experience didn’t feel that much different from a regular screening for me. My local film group always sends out an e-mail for upcoming advanced screenings, but Gofobo is a site that can be utilized for them too.

I was recommended to show up an hour beforehand, yet managed to grab a spot 30 min prior to start. Was at a Regal theater, so phone policy didn’t feel strict at all. Can see that being a different story at Alamo Drafthouse though.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Latest one I attended was for The Black Phone. Experience didn’t feel that much different from a regular screening for me. My local film group always sends out an e-mail for upcoming advanced screenings, but Gofobo is a site that can be utilized for them too.

I was recommended to show up an hour beforehand, yet managed to grab a spot 30 min prior to start. Was at a Regal theater, so phone policy didn’t feel strict at all. Can see that being a different story at Alamo Drafthouse though.
I wish more people would reply to this thread this could be useful for others for future advance screenings.

The few follow up questions I have.

Mainly this question is you, Have you ever attended a big advanced screening (i.e. a Marvel movie screening) if you have how early did you show up?

If I have 2 tickets. Is it okay If I show up early by myself and have a friend arrive about 30 mins before the screening?

Was there any security at any screening you've ever attended?

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Blade 2. Worked part time in the theatre. Vip searing upper deck. 10 out of 10 experience

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep.The first Avengers movie.Signed up on Facebook & got to the screening 4 hrs early.They gave out a bunch of invitations, but it was a first come/first serve type of situation.Line was longer than the Mississippi River.Even tho I got there 4 hrs early, I barely made the cut.Made it in right before they reached max capacity & started turning people away.In fact, I was the 3rd to last person to get in.No phones allowed.Had to leave them up front.Experience was cool.Only thing I wasn't feeling was having to watch it in 3D.I hate 3D.That, and I was tired.The long wait to get in had me drained.I was half sleep during most of the movie.Didn't really come alive until the final battle scene.Hulk had the place lit & going bananas.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I wish more people would reply to this thread this could be useful for others for future advance screenings.

The few follow up questions I have.

Mainly this question is you, Have you ever attended a big advanced screening (i.e. a Marvel movie screening) if you have how early did you show up?

If I have 2 tickets. Is it okay If I show up early by myself and have a friend arrive about 30 mins before the screening?

Was there any security at any screening you've ever attended?
Never attended a big, advanced screening like Marvel, they were all for A24 or Blumhouse releases that were relatively medium volume when it came to attendees.

In regards to the bolded, I’m sure the way they handle check-ins vary for each one. Some screenings allow phones, and some don’t. I would try contacting the reps before you head out. I also didn’t notice any security at mine and if they were there, they did a great job at keeping low-key.

Last edited:

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Yep.The first Avengers movie.Signed up on Facebook & got to the screening 4 hrs early.They gave out a bunch of invitations, but it was a first come/first serve type of situation.Line was longer than the Mississippi River.Even tho I got there 4 hrs early, I barely made the cut.Made it in right before they reached max capacity & started turning people away.In fact, I was the 3rd to last person to get in.No phones allowed.Had to leave them up front.Experience was cool.
This was helpful. (I threw you some rep BTW)

If y'all piece things together y'all can already guess what advanced screening I'm trying to see.

I'm just making sure I get all my ducks in a row before hand.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I’m assuming you’re talking about an upcoming Marvel movie.

Anyways I’ve only been to AMC sponsored early screenings so those don’t really count although a few movies I did see 2 or 3 weeks early.

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
The last one I went to was for Creed. I signed up up on a website and got sent an invitation. Couldn't pull record or pull your phone out. Since then I've been invited to other movies but wasn't interested.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
The last one I went to was for Creed. I signed up up on a website and got sent an invitation. Couldn't pull record or pull your phone out. Since then I've been invited to other movies but wasn't interested.
Were you allowed to take pictures afterwards?

Daps
I’m assuming you’re talking about an upcoming Marvel movie.

Anyways I’ve only been to AMC sponsored early screenings so those don’t really count although a few movies I did see 2 or 3 weeks early.

I'm trying to figure out what other Marvel movies are even dropping this year. :dwillhuh:

Oh wait, Panther. :mjlol: I totally forgot this movie was even coming out

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
If y'all piece things together y'all can already guess what advanced screening I'm trying to see.
How about you stop being a cryptic bytch and just tell us the movie? Acting like your message board activity is being monitored by Disney or whatever. Stupid ass bytch.