Anyone else seen the Tyler Perry joint Peeples? Just watched it and was impressed.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
What does Tyler Perry making c00n ass movies have to do with white boys, and why do you think only white people have that opinion? Is Spike Lee a white boy?

No but he is hating. You telling me that older black folks who love TP are c00ns and support c00n shyt? The people who faced the civil rights era while your ass was in your pops nut sack don't know what c00n shyt is? That's what you telling me? You telling me my mama, grandma and aunties who like his films and grew up in the south in the 50's and 60's don't know what c00n shyt is?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
No but he is hating. You telling me that older black folks who love TP are c00ns and support c00n shyt? The people who faced the civil rights era while your ass was in your pops nut sack don't know what c00n shyt is? That's what you telling me? You telling me my mama, grandma and aunties who like his films and grew up in the south in the 50's and 60's don't know what c00n shyt is?

You're reaching breh. Nowhere did I say that everybody who likes Tyler Perry movies is a c00n, just that I personally think there's a lot of c00n shyt in his movies. It's called having a difference of opinion. :blessed:

My mother likes Tyler Perry movies too, but I don't feel a need to :cape:dude's movies because of that.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
You're reaching breh. Nowhere did I say that everybody who likes Tyler Perry movies is a c00n, just that I personally think there's a lot of c00n shyt in his movies. It's called having a difference of opinion. :blessed:

My mother likes Tyler Perry movies too, but I don't feel a need to :cape:dude's movies because of that.
Then why not say they aren't your cup of tea instead of throwing harsh as labels on them like being c00ntastic? You want to know what c00n shyt is? Let me show you. Bet you love Chappelle Show though right?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Then why not say they aren't your cup of tea instead of throwing harsh as labels on them like being c00ntastic? You want to know what c00n shyt is? Let me show you. Bet you love Chappelle Show though right?

1. You could make that argument about some of Dave Chappelle's shyt depending on how you look at Chapelle's humor...some would say he portrays negative black stereotypes, and others would say he makes fun of how stupid they are. It's debatable.

2. There's a thread about Jesse Lee Peterson in Higher Learning, we've already gone in on him.

I'll leave you with this quote from Toure that expresses my opinion on Perry and his audience.

“Tyler Perry is definitely serving an audience that is underserved by Hollywood. Especially black southern women do not see themselves at all in Hollywood fare. So, when he’s serving them movies where they appear to be in situations that are naturalistic and recognizable to them and definitely have that Christian message, I absolutely understand why my grandmother, my mother, and my aunts love this stuff, and my family down south, they love this stuff. I just can’t watch it without cringing because I’ve seen good movies and I know these are poorly made films.”

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
1. You could make that argument about some of Dave Chappelle's shyt depending on how you look at Chapelle's humor...some would say he portrays negative black stereotypes, and others would say he makes fun of how stupid they are. It's debatable.

2. There's a thread about Jesse Lee Peterson in Higher Learning, we've already gone in on him.

I'll leave you with this quote from Toure that expresses my opinion on Perry and his audience.
You know I fukk wit ya homie, you one of my favorite posters on here. :salute:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Good watch brehs. It's an African American rendition of Meet The Fockers. Check it out when you can and don't go in with any bias, just act as if you don't know who directed it.
:beli:
Im sorry bro, but I cannot support this cotton-picking, closet-case no matter what type of work he does. Too much simpin, c00nin, and buffoonery for me to digest

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
I saw the premiere and I thought it was good but definitely could've been a little better, easily. They didn't utilize the talents of Grier and Robinson like they could've. Shout out to putting Melvin Van Peeples in the flick!

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I saw the premiere and I thought it was good but definitely could've been a little better, easily. They didn't utilize the talents of Grier and Robinson like they could've. Shout out to putting Melvin Van Peeples in the flick!
Yeah David Alan Grier could have set that shyt off but his role was too limited.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Tyler perry should put more black film makers movies out thru his company like he did peeples.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I saw it in the theatres when it just dropped. Thing was I was actually going to see Gatsby, but it was sold out. Copped tickets for peeples, walked in the theater and me and my wife was The. Only. People. There.

That shyt was eerie, but cool. I got a few good laughs from the movie. I remember commenting at the time this is the type of movie you get on DVD. Now that it's out I recommend getting it