Anyone else have a weird anxiety about finishing a game?

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still finish them. But def get anxiety when a game you love starts to creep towards the end.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Honestly, i feel like the trophy system has curved the reason why i dont feel anxiety anymore. If i love a game and i beat it but theres a good post game I’ll just plat the game to extend my playtime.

I used to get anxiety about s tuff like final fantasy back in the day because once you finish it you’re done.

Daps
I feel like have to beat a game if I get too invested in it (I rarely 100% games because it’s very time consuming I’d rather play a lot of different games and get to the end credits) especially if I have paid for it and it’s not on a subscription even if it’s a bad game.

The one game I couldn’t do that with was anthem :martin: boring annoying horrible navigation loot gameplay and a poor story without characters or lore that you care about, it will remain unfinished forever.

In regards to OP even if I love a game I won’t want to prolong the experience I will still want to beat/complete it quickly the memory of the game if it was great will always stay with me.

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
The Cold Steel series. More so because of what I was going through at the time I started (end of a toxic relationship, looking for a new apartment) to where I was at when I ended (apartment set, nice stable of women and good job) had me really looking at it differently. Once I got to the end and the credits started to roll, I not only thought about the journey I took with the characters but also the journey I had taken in that brief period.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I low key complete games to like 95-99% of the missions or main story and then never finish because I don't want the game I'm playing to end...

but then I move onto the next one and I never come back around and complete them :mjlol:

I think I got like 60% of my last gen games literally on the last mission/story/level whatever but when I go back it doesn't hit the same either :mjlol:

it's probably just me. nobody else does this right?
I've only done that with one game and that was Red Dead Redemption.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I don't beat as many games because there is always something new to play which gives me super adhd. I enjoy the hell out of these games but i don't finish them cause the next thing has dropped or has gone on sale.

Then GTA has become my go to pick up and play online game. I'm gonna have to uninstall it soon just to make way for other games.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
nah…I’m the opposite at times tho…I’ll have a weird anxiety about starting/getting into some games…especially big games that I know will require me to invest a lot of time…sometimes I’ll start off playing for a bit (like an hour or two) then just not revisit for days, weeks, and in some instances years
I’m currently going thru with this with Forbidden west :mjlol: I played 10hours like 4 months ago and haven’t touched it since… not because the story or the game is bad but just cuz I know I gotta invest time

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m currently going thru with this with Forbidden west :mjlol: I played 10hours like 4 months ago and haven’t touched it since… not because the story or the game is bad but just cuz I know I gotta invest time

I’m experiencing it right now with helldivers

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Completionist here with a huge ps4 backlog shiiet even went back during lockdown and finished some Nes I never finished before Castlevania 2 for example. This my last week of vacation might go back and finish TMNT 1 for nes but with game genie codes because of that stupid underwater stage. Ghost and goblins im coming for you too :pacspit: