Anyone else feel the DualSense was overhyped?

Overhyped?

• Yes

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • No

Votes: 62 79.5%

• Total voters

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
So apparently this thing is a POS destine to break and start drifting. People are also saying you have to pay shipping to get warranty service on it.

I want to blame Covid but apparently, this was an issue for the Switch way back when. I actually bought a 3rd party pro controller for mine coming on Friday :huhldup:

fukk is the deal with these companies and controllers now?

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
I'd like to see real numbers on the amount of controllers that are actually experiencing this problem. The internet can make it seem like a large amount when it's actually just a small amount of vocal people on the internet. We seen this with the supposedly high defect rates of the ps5 and series x and that turned out to be bullshyt.

As far as older controllers, the dreamcast had high quality joysticks but the N64 controllers were Notorious for the joysticks going limp and flopping around after a decent amount of use. That was probably the WOAT joystick next to the joycon.
Don't have the numbers my guy, but we'll see as time goes on. All I know is, all three console manufacturers could be using a lot higher quality parts for these controllers, especially since they're being sold for $70 a pop. They're making a lot off these controllers.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Don't have the numbers my guy, but we'll see as time goes on. All I know is, all three console manufacturers could be using a lot higher quality parts for these controllers, especially since they're being sold for $70 a pop. They're making a lot off these controllers.
Yeah they really shouldn't be using the same old joysticks from this company when they know they've had this same problem for awhile now.

It makes no sense for sony especially when they spent so much time on R&D for the new tech inside the DualSense only to use the same cheap ass sticks they used for the ds4. And the elite controller is far too expensive to not have higher quality joysticks.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Yes...slightly (for now)

It's game-changing when used innovatively like Astro's Playroom. But i haven't been wowed like that since (launch). Hopefully at the end of the gen we'll be saying remember when playing such, and such the DS did this, and that. That'd be something new.

The DualSense is dope, but imo the sticks, and triggers could be better. I still prefer the Xbox One controller (not the og:whoa:). I've said this before too but the DS literally feels like it could break easily. Xbox controllers don't feel like that. Shyt, the DS4 doesn't really feel like that imo. Maybe it's the skinnier grips, or the shell/body of the controller that's making me feel this way. If i could rank it i'd give it a 8.5\10 still.

I think Xbox been made a GOAT controller with the 360 (dpad could've been better). The og Xbone controller had better things about it but was ultimately a step back though. The bumpers were absolutely terrible. Haven't tried the XSX controller yet but they been fixed the bumpers so i'm guessing it's more of the same (which is already damn near perfect, dare i say better than the 360's now). If Microsoft had all the DS features it would 100% be THE GOAT controller.

Back to Sony though. They SHOULD'VE been allowed us to set our own deadzones, like on Steam/PC. Games like Control are awful on those sticks. The rumble is amazing though, and packs a punch.

I been said the DS is going to break easy too. A lot of the internals looks flimsy af (the triggers especially). I wont say i was right just yet, but in time when the Sony fanboys who say "no problem with none of mine, therefore nobody has a problem with theirs" (or people are lying/trolling/clout chasing) controller inevitably break. I'm a be :francis:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My controller has a problem whereby if you press the touchpad button, the touchpad gets all wonky. i was trying to type something on Youtube on the PS5 and I couldn't even move the cursor.