Anyone else f*ck with MGS Peace Walker on PS3?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Just re-copped the MGS HD Collection cuz my original copy got stolen last year. suprisingly, on half, amazon, craigslist, and gamestop, between them, I couldn't find this shyt for less than $30 which is crazy given how long it's been out.

regardless, its still worth that much especially since u get 3 games. now I have MGS3, but I lost my game save when my fat ps3 bricked, and thus could no longer play it since my slim PS3 obviously can't play PS2 games.

so basically I have to play MGS3 and peace walker. I started on MGS2, but that shyt is kinda :flabbynsick: these days cuz the camera angles are wack and so are the controls.

I have peace walker on the PSP, but I never liked playing this game on the psp cuz the controls are kinda janky. however, on PS3 in HD, this shyt is :ooh: status. this is a game that really needs 2 analog sticks so you can control the camera. and the controls work great just like MGS4, and I am having more fun with this game than I did with MGS4 with :flabbynsick: snake. If you haven't played peacewalker, or you're a MGS head, u should get on this ASAP. it's so much better than on the PSP.

hell, I actually bought MGS rising before this game, but I haven't touched MGS rising since I started playing peace walker. maybe cuz this is a more "true" MGS game with all the stealth elements in it.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Got it collecting dust, need to give it a spin on my down time from codbo2, tomb raider @ cryisis3.

Coppin that infinite so i don't know, mgs collect might have to wait till the summer. But I c/s peacewalker on consoles is :gladbron:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Got it collecting dust, need to give it a spin on my down time from codbo2, tomb raider @ cryisis3.

Coppin that infinite so i don't know, mgs collect might have to wait till the summer. But I c/s peacewalker on consoles is :gladbron:

yessir. I dont understand why kojima would put that much effort into making a full MGS game for PSP where you would only get a fraction of the audience/sales that you would if you would have made it for the full console in the first place. cuz MGS Peace walker is actually much longer than MGS4.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
I copped this collection like a few months ago for 20, finally broke the seal on it last week and played MGS 3 my God! :flabbynsick: this BS game had me going through movies for like 30 minutes then that loser keeps calling me on the damn codex every 5 seconds.
I finally got my gear went to go kill a crocodile, and I'm there stabbing the thing for awhile wondering if it's taking any damage then it wakes up and bites me :wtf: go the next croc and the same thing happens. I was done with this game after that.
Maybe I should try peace walker

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Get over the controls on MGS2 and play it. It's probably the worst one but you should play it just for the fukkery at the end :deadmanny:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
yessir. I dont understand why kojima would put that much effort into making a full MGS game for PSP where you would only get a fraction of the audience/sales that you would if you would have made it for the full console in the first place. cuz MGS Peace walker is actually much longer than MGS4.

game is like 50+ hours of actual gaming content, not including cut scenes (which are dope).

kojima shoulda :whoa: @ the psp but i think it just had more to do with him looking at another avenue to :eat:

I have it for psp and might have played for like 2 hours total while in transit but i just wasnt a fan of the one analog stick, it made no sense, my psp was an ipod backup and is now collecting dust. they released the vita 3 years too late

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap

i dont know if yall remember but they were trying to say this was MGS 5 for a while before it dropped...people were like :rudy:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I copped this collection like a few months ago for 20, finally broke the seal on it last week and played MGS 3 my God! :flabbynsick: this BS game had me going through movies for like 30 minutes then that loser keeps calling me on the damn codex every 5 seconds.
I finally got my gear went to go kill a crocodile, and I'm there stabbing the thing for awhile wondering if it's taking any damage then it wakes up and bites me :wtf: go the next croc and the same thing happens. I was done with this game after that.
Maybe I should try peace walker

I haven't tried the MGS3 on the PS3. only on the PS2. but I believe they make it so u can control the camera fully with the right control stick. (I can't believe we played 3 dimentional type games without full camera control back in the day)

I haven't played MGS3 in years, but from what I remember, you constantly have to eat kill food and eat it. kind of annoying to have to do this. why am I trying to be snake and save the world, but they got me crawling around and hunting like the oregon trail???

oregon-trail.jpg

I'm definitely gonna get on it after I finish peace walker. you do know that peace walker is the best game in the collection due to it being the newest game in the series not counting MGS rising.

Get over the controls on MGS2 and play it. It's probably the worst one but you should play it just for the fukkery at the end :deadmanny:

well for me, I already have the PS2 disc somewhere in my basement for MGS2, and I didn't wanna play it again after disliking the controls so much. the shooting mechanics are awful. and I can't move while in first person view. shyt is dumb. also, why didn't they update it so I can control the camera with the right stick like they did peace walker????

game is like 50+ hours of actual gaming content, not including cut scenes (which are dope).

kojima shoulda :whoa: @ the psp but i think it just had more to do with him looking at another avenue to :eat:

I have it for psp and might have played for like 2 hours total while in transit but i just wasnt a fan of the one analog stick, it made no sense, my psp was an ipod backup and is now collecting dust. they released the vita 3 years too late

I bought my daughter a mod psp years ago, and I downloaded it for her on there as well. I ended up taking it to work for a few weeks and playing on the train also. but I never made really good progress til I got it on the console. dealing with the camera without a 2nd analog stick is a pain in the ass.

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
well for me, I already have the PS2 disc somewhere in my basement for MGS2, and I didn't wanna play it again after disliking the controls so much. the shooting mechanics are awful. and I can't move while in first person view. shyt is dumb. also, why didn't they update it so I can control the camera with the right stick like they did peace walker????
It's annoying but you'll get used to it. Honestly, as soon as you get over the fact that it's not like today's games you'll get the hang of it. It's what happened to me when I replayed it a couple weeks ago. I was :dafukk: that I actually played that shyt years ago at first.

And as far as MGS3 goes, you're missing out not playing it before Peace Walker. It's the Subsistence version too so the camera is on point. It's the best game in the series IMO (MGS1 is debatable). In fact, I'd suggest playing all these games in order that they came out rather than out of order. But that's just me. It's a lot easier playing up to new game mechanics than moving back.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Worst one is MGS4

The ending of MGS2 was hilarious and at the same time leaves you like :what:

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Had the HD collection for over a year and slept on this til i beat mgs2 and 3 twice each. I was like :lupe: when i fired it up and really got into it. I love all the games but peace walker really has a lot of replay value and theres so many side missions and your base to build up. I was expecting a short game with a small story but got the opposite. $30 for the HD collection is the best money you can spend if you havent played these before or if you havent since ps2

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man, its been a year since I made this thread, but I got stuck at the second peace walker battle and quit playing.

I was in the mood for some metal gear, so I picked it back up. finally beat the 2nd peace walker battle. shyt took like 30 minutes. mind you, I almost beat it the 2nd time I played, but died when it had 1 bar of energy left :fire:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It's annoying but you'll get used to it. Honestly, as soon as you get over the fact that it's not like today's games you'll get the hang of it. It's what happened to me when I replayed it a couple weeks ago. I was :dafukk: that I actually played that shyt years ago at first.

And as far as MGS3 goes, you're missing out not playing it before Peace Walker. It's the Subsistence version too so the camera is on point. It's the best game in the series IMO (MGS1 is debatable). In fact, I'd suggest playing all these games in order that they came out rather than out of order. But that's just me. It's a lot easier playing up to new game mechanics than moving back.

I have played MGS3, but lost the game save on my PS2. I will get to that after I finish peace walker tho. the HD collection has the subsistence version, so hopefully I get that good camera.