Anybody watching Cedric the Entertainer/Schmidt and Damon Wayans Jr shows on Monday nights?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
The Damon joint isn't "funny" but the effort Damon and Amber put into the jokes and physical comedy make it endearing so I like if for those reasons. It feels like something straight up from the mid 90s (in a bad way but also in a charming way). At times it's like a spoof of a sitcom and not an actual new show.

The Ced joint I like too, but that's just because it's a well made sitcom. Again, not the straight up "funniest" shyt but it does its formula well (an example of not doing the formula well is Rel on FOX). When you've got OGs like Ced and Tichina Arnold and people who do sitcoms well like dude from New Girl and his wife from 2 Broke Girls the shyt is gonna run smooth, and it does.

I watch both but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They're not doing anything good, unique or funny enough to warrant that.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
i like Happy Together. it is def cringe at times but most sitcoms are nowadays esp with a laugh track but i want Damon Jr to win so ima watch it as long as its decent.

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
I watch em weekly, they’re good for a laugh or two

Damon sr gonna be on next week

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Damon joint isn't "funny" but the effort Damon and Amber put into the jokes and physical comedy make it endearing so I like if for those reasons. It feels like something straight up from the mid 90s (in a bad way but also in a charming way). At times it's like a spoof of a sitcom and not an actual new show.

The Ced joint I like too, but that's just because it's a well made sitcom. Again, not the straight up "funniest" shyt but it does its formula well (an example of not doing the formula well is Rel on FOX). When you've got OGs like Ced and Tichina Arnold and people who do sitcoms well like dude from New Girl and his wife from 2 Broke Girls the shyt is gonna run smooth, and it does.

I watch both but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They're not doing anything good, unique or funny enough to warrant that.
Yeah I am trying to watch the Damon one.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Hmm, I’m watching this Cedric one and it’s terrible. More black people explaining black life to white people (as if we don’t get this on blackish, Carmichael show did it too), acting is dry, jokes are corny...,maybe I gotta give it another shot since other replies in here say it’s decent to good.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
I watch them both and like others have said they are defiantly not reinventing the wheel but they both have there moments. I think Cedric show is probably the better show but I actually like damon Jr's cast a little more. I hope more people get hip to the lineup cause I don't think I'll be able to take all of the this is us ripoff that will popup if they both fail.