Anybody using the PlayStation Passkey feature?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You use a biometric device instead of a password. Not sure I like that. I guess you can also have multiples so I can try and see if it lets me use both my iPhone and Galaxy devices as one. I think I might try it.

Edit: Made a Passkey on my PC. Saved it to 1Password. Can use it on my PC and iPhone. Can conditionally use it on my Galaxy phone as long as I use the Samsung Browser or the PlayStation App. Can't use it in Chrome. I had to make a second Passkey on the Android device to use in Chrome on the phone.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have 3 Passkeys set up using Android, iOS, and 1Password each now. This is pretty nice. No more needing 2FA or passwords anymore. It still doesn't work on Chrome on the Android phone with 1Password right now but I can live with that.

wunder

Pro
Daps
Made a Passkey on iOS. When I tried to sign in on my laptop using Firefox, it asked to connect to my phone via bluetooth. I denied access, then I scanned a QR code on the PS website, put the login code on my phone. Signed in that way.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
chrome://flags/#web-authentication-android-credential-management

This fixes the Chrome issue on Android if you enter it into the address bar and enable 3rd party passkeys.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
People already talking about they got locked out their accounts :mjlol:
They don't know what they're doing. You can't get locked out of your account if you handle it right. I can get into my PlayStation account on all my PCs, phones, and tablets. With 1Password, iOS, and Android passkey managers so there is redundancy. Even if I lost one of my devices it wouldn't have an impact. You can make multiple passkeys for multiple devices.

Lastly you can just use your email to reset everything if you got locked out. They're probably Android users thrown off that of you don't enter that line on Chrome you have to use Google's passkey manager.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
I've tried to sign up for that but it's throwing me an error. they need to iron out the wrinkles on it first.