anybody used to watch "City Guys"

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Was this the show about them playing basketball on that small ass court?

L-Train being like a big goof or something?

Hang Time...my man Silk averaged 29/11/12 all season :wow:

6705928.jpg

rs_1024x759-150924091115-1024-hang-time-nbc.jpg

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
New York wasn't the best during that time but it was fukking amazing still. Transportation was cheat, rent was cheap, prices of everything was cheap. Everything was just more vibrant its hard to describe like it wasn't manufactured bullshyt like today and even the cacs were at least New Yorkers back then. Then gentrification came..........:mjcry:

I believe it bro....I watched the first episode of Sex & the City a few years ago and I was blown away by how authentic they made New York feel. Everybody on there felt like New Yorkers which is crazy because that was one of the whitest shows but, compared to all the hipster bullshyt you have on tv now, the difference was noticeable.

Daps
NBC used to be the shyt on saturday mornings... :mjcry: all the basic networks fell off so hard when it comes to saturday mornings for kids like they dont give a fukk anymore...
The FCC made a rule saying unless you were on a cartoon specific network, you couldn't show blocks of cartoon shows without including a minimum 1 hr of educational tv. A lot of the networks weren't going for that type of demographics with the cartoons. To top it off, more and more people started having access to cable at that time, so basic tv on a Saturday morning wasn't everyone's only option.
Then it all ended in the late 00s once Netflix and YouTube took over and you could watch all those cartoons on demand, commercial free for essentially nothing.

Last edited:

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
The FCC made a rule saying unless you were on a cartoon specific network, you couldn't show blocks of cartoon shows with including a minimum 1 hr of educational tv. A lot of the networks weren't going for that type of demographics with the cartoons. To top it off, more and more people started having access to cable at that time, so basic tv on a Saturday morning wasn't everyone's only option.
Then it all ended in the late 00s once Netflix and YouTube took over and you could watch all those cartoons on demand, commercial free for essentially nothing.
I remember I had a thread on this

FoxKids
The WB
NBC
Nickelodeon
Cartoon Network
Those were the days