Anybody seen "Air"?

Trav

Marathon Mentality šŸ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
But every other brother working with the concession staff gave off homosexual vibes, even the only White dude. Even the young brother sitting next to me in the theater did, bouncing all around in his chair like he couldn't keep still. I almost confronted him, but I left it alone, as long as he didn't saying anything, or put his hands on me. I think he had a few White gay lovers sitting next to him. I kinda knew this was gonna happen, when on the app, I selected that empty seat on the edge, while the two or three seats next to it were occupied. This has become a way for certain gays to get close to brothers, and see if he's gay too. And it doesn't seem like there's anything you can do about it, but go upside their heads, or find a seat some where you don't really want to sit, or just ignore them as long as they don't go too far. You would think these clowns wouldn't even mess with somebody like that my age. This is what happens when you give them too much power.

Nicca wtf is all this bullshyt before you even start talking bout the damn movie :gucci:

Last edited:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Nicca wtf is all this bullshyt before you even start talking bout the damn movie :gucci:

This dude really used a "review" for Air to basically workshop the intro to some erotica he's working on

VY2wmdR.png

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Is MJ even in it, like someone playing MJ? Or is it all archive shyt? How you have a movie about his sneaker and he's not a major part of it.

What's funny is, one my homies looks exactly like like Mike, height, build and all he just ain't bald.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
No and of course they havenā€™t and itā€™s SAD too.

Cuz they be the same folks always whinning in the CBM threads about how CBMs ruined cinema, or are mid, and how they over it and claim they want something different.

But again, when something different comesā€¦ they donā€™t go out to support.

Fake and Fickle.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Is MJ even in it, like someone playing MJ? Or is it all archive shyt? How you have a movie about his sneaker and he's not a major part of it.

What's funny is, one my homies looks exactly like like Mike, height, build and all he just ain't bald.
The person playing MJ had about two and a half scenes, lasting about one or two minutes each. I said half, because you could only hear his voice over the phone in his last scene. Other than the meeting at the table, he practically had his back turned throughout the film. But no, the real MJ wasn't in this movie, other than a clip here in there of him slam dunking, and that shot that won the NCAA Championship for NC State in 82'. Surprised they didn't catch a shot with him playing with his tongue hanging out...lol.

Last edited:

Vandelay

Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
The person playing MJ had about two and a half scenes, lasting about one or two minute each. I said half, because you could only hear his voice over the phone in his last scene. Other than the meeting at the table, he had his back turned...lol.
I hate when they do this. I'm not even saying the movie had to be about him...it's the story of Nike, so I get it, but to tell it properly it should've been like a Jerry Mcguire/Rod Tisdale type of back and forth.

Guess I'll wait to watch to reserve judgment.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I hate when they do this. I'm not even saying the movie had to be about him...it's the story of Nike, so I get it, but to tell it properly it should've been like a Jerry Mcguire/Rod Tisdale type of back and forth.

It was weird how they down played the death of his father with just a one and a half second showing of a newspaper-clip, after somebody actually played him in the movie. It was like he was there one minute, and gone the next...meanwhile the focused they'd on the shoe.

Last edited:

Vandelay

Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It was weird how they down played the death of his father with just a one and a half second news-clip, after somebody actually played him in the movie.
I thought this was an 80's only biopic...I think biographies on widely public figures should only focus on a specific time period/event in that person's life. It's hard to get an actor who both looks the part and can play different aspects of that character convincingly.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I thought this was an 80's only biopic...I think biographies on widely public figures should only focus on a specific time period/event in that person's life. It's hard to get an actor who both looks the part and can play different aspects of that character convincingly.
It still gave me a weird feeling though. They did have a movie out around 99' named, "Micheal Jordan" An American Hero. I never saw it, but maybe that was more about his personal life.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This was uncomfortable read, like reading someone's texts in their phone or something. Felt like I was intruding on private thoughts.

I say that without any animosity lol

this was like Taxi Driver intro type of shyt
There's a worse ramble by him in the other air thread about him saying it did not have enough about MJs father's death :dwillhuh:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side

the way the movie portrayed it, you didnt have back and forths until you get a meeting through the agent. Mikes mom was basically running his career, at least thats how its portrayed here. The back and forths are between Damon and his mom, or Damon and his agent.
Its in the wrap up of the film, they cover everything up till his end of the bulls run with paper clippings etc...the movie isnt about Mike, its about how Nike changed the basketball shoe game and how they landed on MJ being the player they went all in for, which was a huge risk for a company at that time that was considered a running shoe company, with very few clients in basketball. Def check it out when you can. I liked it alot. But I also am not some basketball history buff so I have no idea if this is how it all went down.