Anybody legit afraid of Climate Change?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I live in sunny NC.

We have definitely had 90s and 100 degree temps during the summer since I have been living. Last summer was actually very "mild" if I recall it didn't get much over 90 all summer.

This year has a little few day stretch that was mid 90s. I was in the whip wit the homie a few days ago and his car thermometer showed 100 degrees outside.

Today it's mid 80s and it's a world of difference.

I hear reports of 110 degree temps in the US. Higher in other places. Saw a story where heat killed Muslims trying to make the pilgrimage to Mecca (forgive me if I didn't word that right. No Google).

The temp is going to rise. Every year. For the foreseeable future.

Y'all may say "I got AC. central air". Which CONTRIBUTES to the effect. Whole parts of the globe relying on AC actually makes the global warming worse.

It seems like it this is a slow moving, unstoppable L for the human race (and the rest of the life forms).

Hurricanes. Are now more plentiful and stronger than every. And getting worse every year. This may only matter to those on the East Coast, the Gulf coast, and especially the islands. But thats a lot of people.

How y'all good Brehs feel?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Was going to say, I'm not but there's a lot to be afraid of.

I'm more afraid that there's places and animals I won't ever see. New insect migratory patterns that we never had to deal with. Certain diseases becoming more prevalent or suddenly a prehistoric virus melts with the arctic permafrost.

I fear the turmoil associated with climate refugees; we see how a few thousand migrants turned Chicago and New York upside-down. What happens when Bangladesh floods and suddenly 10 million people have no home.

Or to bring it closer to home, what happens when Miami or Tampa floods and the water simply doesn't recede. And we have a million people with no where to go.

I want to be cognizant because you need to prepare, but likewise I can't let paranoia get the best of me so I just shut it off and stop indulging after a period of time.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
We’re definitely seeing changes now, but even the closest mass impact events are still 50-100 years off which means I’ll most likely be dead, so no, it’s not my primary concern. I do however think we need to do more to help curb climate change and am on board with doing my part
Girl bye. You making it to at least 107yo. God bless.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
199.jpg

sad-indian.gif

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Was going to say, I'm not but there's a lot to be afraid of.

I'm more afraid that there's places and animals I won't ever see. New insect migratory patterns that we never had to deal with. Certain diseases becoming more prevalent or suddenly a prehistoric virus melts with the arctic permafrost.

I fear the turmoil associated with climate refugees; we see how a few thousand migrants turned Chicago and New York upside-down. What happens when Bangladesh floods and suddenly 10 million people have no home.

Or to bring it closer to home, what happens when Miami or Tampa floods and the water simply doesn't recede. And we have a million people with no where to go.

I want to be cognizant because you need to prepare, but likewise I can't let paranoia get the best of me so I just shut it off and stop indulging after a period of time.
I made a thread about this asking nikkas in Georgia, "How y'all feel about Florida Man becoming a Georgia problem when South Florida floods".

Red States will try to take over neighborhoods and people will get slaughtered. I'm pro eliminating most Florida residents, but nobody will know who is a normal person.

With lame ass nikkas like Kodak Black having a mass impact on the minds down there, it's probably better that nobody makes it out of there.