anybody here use an iPad with the smart keyboard?

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need a new laptop but I was offered a ipad for free. I can just buy the keyboard to go with it.

Does it do the same job as a laptop? I've seen people in the past using it but never asked.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it’s not a 1:1 comparison as it’ll feel strange/different initially but most things I can do on a laptop, I can get done on my ipad with/without a keyboard…for me the only exceptions have been downloading torrents and sometimes updating certain electronic equipment that can only be done on a PC, or accessing certain drives

it’s best to share what you’ll primarily be using the laptop to do

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it’s not a 1:1 comparison as it’ll feel strange/different initially but most things I can do on a laptop, I can get done on my ipad with/without a keyboard…for me the only exceptions have been downloading torrents and sometimes updating certain electronic equipment that can only be done on a PC, or accessing certain drives

oh yeah I definitely don't use torrents or will be making movies, beats, etc

Literally for youtube, reading the news, PDFs, stuff like that. Nothing out the ordinary

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh yeah I definitely don't use torrents or will be making movies, beats, etc

Literally for youtube, reading the news, PDFs, stuff like that. Nothing out the ordinary

yeah definitely…you may even find yourself enjoying using the ipad more than a laptop for those things…it’s pretty much a large iphone but it’s easier/far more convenient reading things on my ipad than on my iphone

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
yeah definitely…you may even find yourself enjoying using the ipad more than a laptop for those things…it’s pretty much a large iphone but it’s easier/far more convenient reading things on my ipad than on my iphone

I replaced a laptop as my main device with an iPad Pro with the keyboard and this post is pretty spot on. They can also now properly support external monitors so you can get a desktop experience at a desk then take the tablet/keyboard on the go

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
12.9 with the magic keyboard.

I’m fine without ever using a laptop again, especially since apple refuse to put touch screen features in their macbooks. Plus, i love procreate.

When i need to get real work done I use my IMac

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I replaced a laptop as my main device with an iPad Pro with the keyboard and this post is pretty spot on. They can also now properly support external monitors so you can get a desktop experience at a desk then take the tablet/keyboard on the go

12.9 with the magic keyboard.

I’m fine without ever using a laptop again, especially since apple refuse to put touch screen features in their macbooks. Plus, i love procreate.

When i need to get real work done I use my IMac

Do you guys use the keyboard sold at the Apple Store? Or is there another one you recommend?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you guys use the keyboard sold at the Apple Store? Or is there another one you recommend?

I have a cheap logitech keyboard that was $30 but I knew beforehand I was barely going to be using it…I have it in the event I need to do more typing than usual

k380-grey-gallery-01-uk-new.png

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I’ve had both the apple keyboard cover thing, and the magic keyboard. The latter is the best, it feels like an actual MacBook keyboard that still acts as a cover. It has led lighting for the keys and a trackpad. It feels really sturdy also.

vpavic_042018_3979_0072.jpg

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I need a new laptop but I was offered a ipad for free. I can just buy the keyboard to go with it.

Does it do the same job as a laptop? I've seen people in the past using it but never asked.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. even with stage manager, the ability to access most files and multitask make a dealbreaker for a laptop replacement. even with a keyboard. I mostly use mine for consuming video personally.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve had both the apple keyboard cover thing, and the magic keyboard. The latter is the best, it feels like an actual MacBook keyboard that still acts as a cover. It has led lighting for the keys and a trackpad. It feels really sturdy also.

vpavic_042018_3979_0072.jpg

they're both apple. what's the diff? I was referring to the smart keyboard for the 9th gen

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
they're both apple. what's the diff? I was referring to the smart keyboard for the 9th gen

The other keyboard isn’t electronic, it doesnt have the real keyboard or backlighting or trackpad its just the basic cover and keys

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The other keyboard isn’t electronic, it doesnt have the real keyboard or backlighting or trackpad its just the basic cover and keys

Much costlier though. The smart keyboard, does it still get the job done? or very annoying?