Anybody here has twists or braids and works out a lot?

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
Yeah I got a high top but I'm thinking of getting the hair twisted or dreadlocked... do you guys find its an issue having that and having to work out tho?

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I been working out at the same time I'm growing my hair out so I'd like to know too.
But based on the amount of Athletes with dreads/twist I'd think it wouldn't be an issue.

LastKING_BLU

last king killing ****
Daps
Reppin
westside
i used to have braids. the only problems are that they can smell, loosen up, or if you are tender headed

ExpensiveThrillz

Head In The Cloudz
Daps
Reppin
The Free & The Uplifted
i'm natural but wear weaves n such all which require some form of twists or braids while I workout....my suggestions:

1. wear your hair in some kind of ponytail with a headband or durag...this helps catch sweat and keeps the hairstyle tight and less frazzled/mussed up

2. if your length is too short then a simple headband and/or durag will do

3. buy a nice blow dryer with a diffuser attachment (sounds a lil :wrist: but will really help you out) the diffuser is made to dry curly/natural hair at the root without adding too much heat damage and it doesn't mess up the style. This will eliminate nasty stinky hair and scalp

4. read up on cleansing rinses for natural hair...normally distilled water with essential oils like tea tree and/or clary sage with some apple cider vinegar are good ways to treat your scalp and hair and to refresh it in between actual wash and style days

5. don't apply too much grease or other hair products as it will only cause buildup and stinky hair while you sweat all over it

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
I have braids right now; the only issues I run into is a sweaty scalp.

I'll generally rinse my scalp after working out with a mixture of distilled water + a little bit of tea tree oil. It does the job.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
:mjlol: @ any grown man wearing braids. Any nikka 21 and over with braids needs to get smacked I the face. :mjlol:

Vado

Told Rico He Should Of Knocked Ace Off
Daps
i had braids for 13 years.

My hair was literally longer than most bytches lol

i never really had a problem because i got my hair braided every week from my sister. i got my hair washed and dried every week too

since everyone dont have that luxury you should do it ever 2 weeks

i wore a durag while i worked out

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
i had braids for 13 years.

My hair was literally longer than most bytches lol

i never really had a problem because i got my hair braided every week from my sister. i got my hair washed and dried every week too

since everyone dont have that luxury you should do it ever 2 weeks

i wore a durag while i worked out
Yeah im wearing a durag too when i work out.
I dont really sweat as much with it on too

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you have starter locs look at dry shampoos because if you get them wet they may untwist.