Anybody here ever sold their sports cards?

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
i

This card was sold in 2011 for 2.8 mill

I know something like this gotta be in a garage sale unbeknownst to its buyer
i got like 7 of those breh :manny:

if you aint got at least 3 Wagners at the crib you hustlin backwards :umad:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Make sure they are somewhere safe.:damn:

I thought I lost mine... but I found them in my friend's cellar with my legos and a bunch of vhs tapes.
A stray cat or dog orsomething had gave birth on them... or maybe killed and ate something on them or something.
They were covered in this nasty gunk that had dried and crusted and there was mold. It was worst than just thinking I lost them cayse its like finding them and losing them again after I had forgot about them already.

You gotta have em in something more than a shoebox if you ever put them in an attic or cellar or storage. Just to be safe.

Then the only cards that were okay were Chuck Person, Sean Elliot and Viny Del Negro cause they had been knocked out of the box and were just next to it all dirty and dusty. FML I would of been happy with just my 50 point club David Robinson... but nope.

I cried like a bytch. :mjcry:

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
I got roughly 20-30k baseball, basketball, football cards in storage. I ain't selling em. Ima pass them shyts to my kids. Just like these old ass PokƩmon/Yu-Gi-Oh cards I got. They worth $_$ my dude.

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
I gave mine away to some neighborhood kids...

I was closing a chapter in my life...

I had pristine rookie cards for the 92 - 96 nba draft classes.... 96 Dream team cards (men and women) a Michael Jeffrey Jordan rookie card

Oh to be young and hold onto ideals :guilty:

GUWOPPERS

I might die a bachelor
Daps
Reppin
Sin
Nobody is dropping coin like that for some non mint cards.

Ever. Not in 100 years.

They flooded the market.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Nobody is dropping coin like that for some non mint cards.

Ever. Not in 100 years.

They flooded the market.

Yeah, I looked this up like 5 years ago, because I got a ton of cards from the late '80s/early '90s and found out that most of them are worth damn near nothing:mjcry:

The card companies flooded the market in the early '90s, so all those Jordans/Barkleys/Ewings/Magics, etc. . .that I got aren't really worth that much.

A nikka was pissed the fukk off.

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
I gave mine away to some neighborhood kids...

I was closing a chapter in my life...

I had pristine rookie cards for the 92 - 96 nba draft classes.... 96 Dream team cards (men and women) a Michael Jeffrey Jordan rookie card

Oh to be young and hold onto ideals :guilty:

you gave away a Jordan rookie?

There were 2 jordan rookies from 85 I think - one from Star (defunct company) and one from someone else. The Star is worth more but both to this day are worth money. Probably one of the few cards left that someone would actually buy. You're kinda crazy for giving it away but I get the whole closing the chapter in your life thing. But still man... a jordan rookie? :dahell: a card shop in my neighborhood had one for sale (the Star one) for over $2K and this was back when I was a kid in like 92. The dude wasn't selling no cards and the place mysteriously caught fire one night. My whole block of kids went down there rummaging through all the burn shyt trying to find any cards that may have "survived" - i ended up stepping on a nail and having to goto the hospital :scust:

:russ: at myself for thinking I'd retire some day off the strength of my DREXLER rookie card

edit- here is someone selling the 84-85 STAR Jordan Rookie on ebay for over 100 racks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/182113648529?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

anyone remember Upper Deck's signature series cards - the silver and gold signatures?

Last edited:

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
you gave away a Jordan rookie?

There were 2 jordan rookies from 85 I think - one from Star (defunct company) and one from someone else. The Star is worth more but both to this day are worth money. Probably one of the few cards left that someone would actually buy. You're kinda crazy for giving it away but I get the whole closing the chapter in your life thing. But still man... a jordan rookie? :dahell: a card shop in my neighborhood had one for sale (the Star one) for over $2K and this was back when I was a kid in like 92. The dude wasn't selling no cards and the place mysteriously caught fire one night. My whole block of kids went down there rummaging through all the burn shyt trying to find any cards that may have "survived" - i ended up stepping on a nail and having to goto the hospital :scust:

:russ: at myself for thinking I'd retire some day off the strength of my DREXLER rookie card

It wasn't mint... And I was detached from what it meant to me...

No biggie