Anybody ever tried the 20 Rep Squat Routine?

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/irontamer5.htm

if so, what kind of gains and results did you see?....is it a routine more geared towards adding bulk?....cause i'm trying to stay lean, but just working on adding strength. the routine is 3 days a week for 6 weeks. the main exercise is the 1x20 squats followed by a few compound lifts depending on how well you recover. always wanted to try it but was worried i'd lose size in my chest and back. but from what I hear some people actually got bigger and stronger in those areas from the routine.

• Squat: 1x20
  • Pullovers: 1x20
  • Stiff-legged deadlift: 1x15
  • Pullovers: 1x20
  • Bench press: 2-3 x 10
  • Bent row: 2-3x15
  • Military press: 2-3 x 12

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
think i might give this a try :ehh:
Have you heard of the GOMAD diet breh? Im going to try that but im only going to do half a gallon per day.

definition

im not a cool guy anymore
Daps
I've heard this called "squats and milk." you're supposed to drink a gallon of milk a day while doing this routine.

I tried it, but did not drink the gallon of milk a day.

Can't say that I added a lot of size (I don't eat like I'm supposed to, and I like beer) ... but I'm sure I added strength.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
nah I couldn't do that gallon of milk shyt. fukkin hate drinking milk by itself. and the shyt fukks up my stomach. just gonna try the workout with my regular diet. see what kind of results I get after a couple months.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nah I couldn't do that gallon of milk shyt. fukkin hate drinking milk by itself. and the shyt fukks up my stomach. just gonna try the workout with my regular diet. see what kind of results I get after a couple months.

i been using lactaid milk(lactose free) ..its a couple dollars more expensive but its much more easy on the stomach. the big jug of the lactaid is only 3/4 of a gallon so i just buy the two half gallons to make a gallon.

in terms of the squat and milk if your a hardgainer it really makes you gain weight faster if you do squats and milk/ bulking.

obviously you can gain weight if you decide not to do the squat and do something like bench and deadlift only...but im telling yall i gained weight faster when i did squats.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
one set of 20 rep squats isnt going to do much IMO.

During my cut my squat sets were:
Set 1 - 20 Reps
Set 2 (add more weight) - 10 Reps
Set 3 (add more weight) - 5 - 8 Reps

shyt gets your heart pumping for sure.
For hypertrophy I would do 3 sets of 20.

I like both strength and size...so I do 8 rep squats

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I would probably die trying it. I mean 10 reps of squats is my limit. doing 3 x 10 front squats @ 185 felt like the end of me.