Anybody else think ppl are starting to overrate Jayden Daniels?

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
They are propping him and JJ McCarthy up because Caleb refuses to dance to their tune.

That said, Jayden Daniels is a 4-5 year college starter whose game appears to translate very well to what today's game asks of QBs, despite his last year at LSU being an outlier to what the rest of his college tape/stats say he is, and he's got concerns about his frame.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
They are propping him and JJ McCarthy up because Caleb refuses to dance to their tune.

That said, Jayden Daniels is a 4-5 year college starter whose game appears to translate very well to what today's game asks of QBs, despite his last year at LSU being an outlier to what the rest of his college tape/stats say he is, and he's got concerns about his frame.
A lot of what he did in college is scheme. He did not look special at ASU. Last yr u had to keep safeties back, keep dbs on the field vs them and he was able to cause havoc with his legs. I just don't see that translating.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
A lot of what he did in college is scheme. He did not look special at ASU. Last yr u had to keep safeties back, keep dbs on the field vs them and he was able to cause havoc with his legs. I just don't see that translating.

It really depends on where he lands.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Lmaoo scheme!? Offense was so unimaginative you just showing you didn’t watch

Tony D'Amato

Daps
Reppin
Inches
Lmaoo scheme!? Offense was so unimaginative you just showing you didn’t watch
I didn't say it was imaginative, but LSU had athletes. Nabors required attention, and the other nikkaz had speed. And they was always in some formation that required nickel or dime coverage. He feasted off running the ball. His arm is not as impressive as Calebs.

Jayden was in more of a pro style at ASU

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I didn't say it was imaginative, but LSU had athletes. Nabors required attention, and the other nikkaz had speed. And they was always in some formation that required nickel or dime coverage. He feasted off running the ball. His arm is not as impressive as Calebs.

Jayden was in more of a pro style at ASU
The coverage required nickel packages because Denbrock has like 2 run plays in his playbook, the offense was centered around players winning their one on ones similar to what you will see in the NFL so I don’t get the scheme angle

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Yep. Jayden's ceiling is Geno Smith and like Geno, he should go in the second round. I have no idea how this guy became a potential top 10 pick. :mindblown:

Tony D'Amato

Daps
Reppin
Inches
The coverage required nickel packages because Denbrock has like 2 run plays in his playbook, the offense was centered around players winning their one on ones similar to what you will see in the NFL so I don’t get the scheme angle
Teams seemed more scared of deep balls than him running. When LBs with speed are on the field, he wont be near as dynamic as he was last season.