Anybody else being forced to go to church today?

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
higher. You gotta account for the people who say theyre Christian because their parents are , the people who say theyre Christian just because, etc
Yea, If somebody did a poll I'm pretty sure at least 90% would probably identify as christian

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
thirdeye said:
I thought y'all were joking haha. Is it fair to say like 60 percent of black americans are christian?

No, it isn't.........

nones-demog-4.png

Many of them have a 'Christian identity' because this country's value system was developed by Christians and acceptable to the population. Christian values =/= Christian.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
semtex said:

You forgot the rest......​
Ephesians 6 (NIV)

5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.
6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart.
7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people,
8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.
9 And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.
:youngsabo:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
AkaDemiK said:
so having slaves is cool as long as yu don't "threaten them"..

got it...

Well, if you really want to know, when the text was written, children/wives/relatives/employees/etc. were considered 'slaves'.

What the term meant 1600 years later is a whole different thing and not applicable.

Word to Daniel Patrick Moynihan.​

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My family talked me into going, and the sermon had me :wtb: :patrice: :childplease:. I just can't get into religion.