Anybody Collect Replica Title Belts?

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
you sure about that? :leostare:

Fandu doesn't have a license for the Big Gold because they don't need one. The design is copyrighted by Crumrine, a belt buckle company who originally made the Big Gold, and they don't care who uses the design. Anyone can make and use a Big Gold, as long as it's 2D etched and not hand engraved.

WCW made 5 cast irons of the original when WWE bought them, and the one Booker T brought over was technically a fake, and Scott Steiner possessed the original Big Gold at the time for awhile.

That is why the version WWE sells is scuffed and has to have their logo on it.

FWIW WWE's replicas have come a long way (their straps especially), this V2 Undisputed they recently released is flawless and you won't find a bootleg that looks better. ($300)

009102179F.jpg

WWE Undisputed Championship Replica Title (Version 2)

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
Fandu doesn't have a license for the Big Gold because they don't need one. The design is copyrighted by Crumrine, a belt buckle company who originally made the Big Gold, and they don't care who uses the design. Anyone can make and use a Big Gold, as long as it's 2D etched and not hand engraved.

WCW made 5 cast irons of the original when WWE bought them, and the one Booker T brought over was technically a fake, and Scott Steiner possessed the original Big Gold at the time for awhile.

That is why the version WWE sells is scuffed and has to have their logo on it.

FWIW WWE's replicas have come a long way (their straps especially), this V2 Undisputed they recently released is flawless and you won't find a bootleg that looks better. ($300)

009102179F.jpg

WWE Undisputed Championship Replica Title (Version 2)
you with the shyts :ohhh:

and the prior post was about the fact that it sounded like some random shyt chinese bootleggers would just say

also, can you explain the as long as it's not hand engraved portion? i'm curious as to why that is, this shyt is interesting.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Also, even WWE isn't immune to copyright, remember when Cody re-debuted the the old IC belt on white strap? That was made by another replica maker, and the original makers of the design hollered at WWE they can't do that, and they ended up making WWE their own legit of the revamped IC design. When Show won it, it was the remake of the remake.

6d1b44b049589cb4ecdeb6912361c093.jpg

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
you with the shyts :ohhh:

and the prior post was about the fact that it sounded like some random shyt chinese bootleggers would just say

also, can you explain the as long as it's not hand engraved portion? i'm curious as to why that is, this shyt is interesting.

It is a white couple on YouTube that does extensive belt reviews. They have fandu belts i believe and their backlund scrap owned by the wife is next level. I would have to find a link of their reviews. I clicked it on my tv through the YouTube app ages ago.

Bare with me.

Art Barr

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Fandu just came with ALL the smoke with their new Luxe Big Gold. It's pretty close to the Crumrine as I've seen a replica get and for the cost... :leon:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Fandu just came with ALL the smoke with their new Luxe Big Gold. It's pretty close to the Crumrine as I've seen a replica get and for the cost... :leon:
Whats the difference in that and the Perfect belts on real leather?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Size. The Luxe is dual-plated.

Pic comparison below.

145303858_10157813904961188_3612899690907825873_o.jpg
:damn: I just dropped $500 on a perfect dual gold not too long ago

Still don't get wtf "dual plated" means because according to the stats my current plates are thicker than the luxe's plates

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
:damn: I just dropped $500 on a perfect dual gold not too long ago

Still don't get wtf "dual plated" means because according to the stats my current plates are thicker than the luxe's plates

You probably made the better move with the $500 as the Luxe is $800. But considering it's supposed to be Crumrine-esque -- and I have never heard of such a replica or anything close to it going for anything lower than a couple stacks -- this is probably the best one can do on a budget.