Anybody Buy Tickets to Mania?

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Bruh these prices are crazy. I was gonna take my son to his first Mania and before I could look at all of the prices I noticed that for the combo pack 2 tickets in the nosebleeds we’re gonna be over 700…

This shyt is insane, and I know I’m not buying floor seats, and most anywhere else in a stadium is paying an ass load of money to watch it on the Jumbotron…

TLDR: broke boy babble I guess….:yeshrug:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Unless you just really like the experience of being there with thousands of people, I've never understood the draw of going to a live, televised event during this era of TV production quality. Especially if you don't have really good seats you paid a fortune for, you aren't even getting to see the action all that well.

And that's not some WWE dig by any means, goes for everything - AEW, New Japan, football, basketball, etc.

I'd feel like I'd have to go home and watch off DVR or whatever app it's on to get any real appreciation for the match because even with good seats you aren't going to see a lot of it once the action heads outside of the ring. You'll just end up watching off some screen and hell I can do that at home. Don't get that get commentary that can really elevate a match as well.

• Dap
Reactions: 907
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Unless you just really like the experience of being there with thousands of people, I've never understood the draw of going to a live, televised event during this era of TV production quality. Especially if you don't have really good seats you paid a fortune for, you aren't even getting to see the action all that well.

And that's not some WWE dig by any means, goes for everything - AEW, New Japan, football, basketball, etc.

I'd feel like I'd have to go home and watch off DVR or whatever app it's on to get any real appreciation for the match because even with good seats you aren't going to see a lot of it once the action heads outside of the ring. You'll just end up watching off some screen and hell I can do that at home. Don't get that get commentary that can really elevate a match as well.
For shyt like golf, motor sports etc then I agree, but for stadium sports like proper football, American football, rugby you couldn't be more wrong

br82186

Superstar
Daps
I know somebody who makes it a pastime to go, I'm coordinating with him on when to get tickets in which he's taking about copping next month.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Maybe for you gringos but TV exprience doesn't touch stadium/arena experience on ANY sport.

There's a little secret that people don't like to discuss about the NFL. All the tailgating and shyt can be fun and if the game turns into a great game obviously it's fun but there's so much standing around, the commercial breaks are endless... it can get boring live.

NFL is better as a TV sport to me than being in the stadium most times. Baseball and basketball are reversed. It's better being there live. Wrestling is reversed, wrestling is better live also.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Maybe for you gringos but TV exprience doesn't touch stadium/arena experience on ANY sport.
I just prefer having commentary, not having to use nasty ass public bathrooms, not having to pay for grossly overpriced food and beverages, my seating at home that in all likelihood is significantly more comfortable, getting the best angles on all the action, etc.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
200.gif

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
That's because American stadiums have zero atmosphere and no fan culture aside from clumsily trying to mimic what they see Europeans, South Americans and Mexicans doing
The fact that big part of the experience Cattle is talking about is "commentary and food" says it all in my book :pachaha:

I mean, even a quiet sport like tennis is dope as fukk watching live. I got to see Nadal in Viña del Mar basically start his preseason on clay and it was still :whoo: Compared to TV were most people said it was underwhelming seeing dude just go through the motions as he prepared for more legit tournaments :mjlol: and watching dudes like Fernando Gonzalez destroy people at home was dope as fukk.

Going to the old Davis Cup matches was :blessed: being allowed to do shyt you could do in a futbol stadium and annoy the opposing country :banderas:

And futbol is otherwordly better live. It's kinda wild the worsts experiences I've had in a stadium have been watching the national team. The crowd is completely different and they are all scared shytless and subdued, but even still, the drama and tensions of WC qualifiers is :damn: live. Club futbol is GOAT live, like there's nothing that comes close to it.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Yeah I’m prolly gonna wait till the last minute

I wanna go but I’m not paying too much for it