Anybody a pilot or air traffic controller? Who's at fault here...

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
ATC all day. Pilots are kinda blind out there

Nope wrong wrong wrong… Southwest 2830 was told to line up and wait to take off on runway 1… JetBlue was already cleared to take off… The fukk up came when Southwest 2950 thought the ATC told him to cross the runway thus putting him in the path of the JetBlue plane already going down the runway..

Seems like the pilots of Southwest 2950 wasn’t paying attention to the ATC , because the ATC was clearly talking to Southwest 2830..

So it was the pilots of Southwest 2950’s fault for both paying attention..

And yes I have my private pilots licenses

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope wrong wrong wrong… Southwest 2830 was told to line up and wait to take off on runway 1… JetBlue was already cleared to take off… The fukk up came when Southwest 2950 thought the ATC told him to cross the runway thus putting him in the path of the JetBlue plane already going down the runway..

Seems like the pilots of Southwest 2950 wasn’t paying attention to the ATC , because the ATC was clearly talking to Southwest 2830..

I get that. And mabe I'm interpreting it wrong but even if he thought that the ATC said to cross in which he did because at 40-45 he "confirmed" his location, his intention and his call sign. Isn't it up to the ATC to correct him? That's thier air field and if they hear someone respond to them with wrong information on the repeat, they need to tell him no, That's not what was said.

I dont have a license but I've worked on Airfields for 23 years

Edit: I went back and listened again, and he was given clearance at :25

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Female ATC 100% told SW2937 to give way to American then go to 1 via KC across 4. Not hold until cleared or nothing. She told him to cross and there's no mistake that she was talking to SW and SW confirmed so even if what he heard was wrong, it's on her to correct it after he confirms.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Weird how breh's voice disappeared but brehnette didn't. Seems like it's 50/50 without the investigation.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
From my limited experience, it sounds like ATC made the mistake, but the pilots probably should have been paying more attention.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I get that. And mabe I'm interpreting it wrong but even if he thought that the ATC said to cross in which he did because at 40-45 he "confirmed" his location, his intention and his call sign. Isn't it up to the ATC to correct him? That's thier air field and if they hear someone respond to them with wrong information on the repeat, they need to tell him no, That's not what was said.

I dont have a license but I've worked on Airfields for 23 years

Edit: I went back and listened again, and he was given clearance at :25

Again the ATC was talking to SW 2830 and they acknowledged the transmission to line up and wait for take off… Ground control already gave JetBlue the clear to take off… ATC never once acknowledged SW2950… SW2950 only got called out because they were veering into the path of the JetBlue flight…

As a pilot you are not suppose to move that plane until you get the go ahead from ground atc for taxi.. ATC gives you the clear for take off and landing.. SW2950 before proceeding if they wasn’t sure call up ground radio and ask if they gave permission to taxi..

Btw I worked the airfield as well

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Female ATC 100% told SW2937 to give way to American then go to 1 via KC across 4. Not hold until cleared or nothing. She told him to cross and there's no mistake that she was talking to SW and SW confirmed so even if what he heard was wrong, it's on her to correct it after he confirms.
I went and looked again.. She did say that.. however I see where the mistake was made… when she told him to give way to the AA and taxi they are on the ground transmission and Tower told JetBlue he’s cleared for take off..

Ground handle the taxing and they hand off the departing flights to tower who handles the takeoff and landings… she fukked up not recognizing tower gave JetBlue the clear to take off because she should have told SW2950 to hold short at Rwy 4,C.. once JetBlue passes and takes off she would then tell him cross 4 at C and would inform if an inbound flight is on approach usually 5 miles out

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Not either. That was weird. The ground controller gave taxi clearance but the tower controller cleared for takeoff. my guess is the tower controller screwed up

she says 2937, the pilot was cleared to cross runway 4 and repeated the instruction. Pilots are trained to do that to confirm ATC directions for other posters. The tower controller then steps on the ground controllers instructor clearing 1554 to take off. I don’t know who was wrong, but had to be a controller. Either ground shouldn’t have given clearance or tower shouldn’t have cleared takeoff.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I went and looked again.. She did say that.. however I see where the mistake was made… when she told him to give way to the AA and taxi they are on the ground transmission and Tower told JetBlue he’s cleared for take off..

Ground handle the taxing and they hand off the departing flights to tower who handles the takeoff and landings… she fukked up not recognizing tower gave JetBlue the clear to take off because she should have told SW2950 to hold short at Rwy 4,C.. once JetBlue passes and takes off she would then tell him cross 4 at C and would inform if an inbound flight is on approach usually 5 miles out
she was just clearing out a plane taxing to the terminal.