Anybodies GTAV Freeze on 360?

Eza

King Shiit
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My shyt actually restarted on its own earlier and said it was an issue with my storage device where my game data was saved(installed the mandatory install to a USB..slim model 360)..Everything was smooth after it rebooted though.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I played a few hours on 360 but I got the real PS3 version. I know you shouldn't install disk 2 on your 360 :yeshrug:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all yall need to read my XBOX 360 install thread. even if you have a new xbox like i do. i aint taking no chances.

from a geek boy perspective. i think the mistake gta programmers made, or maybe it isnt a mistake. maybe it was the only way they could pull off a game this large.
but they have it where during the game, its accessing your hard drive for the big install disc content for the game world,but at certain times its also accessing the game disc for other little info. the disc isnt as fast as a hard drive or flash drives when it comes to data transfer rates. and at the same token, your hard drive will kill itself trying to be read, written to for one section and read and written to for another section all at the same time. this is whats causing the freezes and frame rate drops/graphical issues. this is why if you install the main game disc thats made to stay in the system, onto a USB flash drive and you install the big install disc on your hard drive. now the game accesses the data at the same time but from different locations. and both locations are very fast with accessing.

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Came to make this thread, saw it was already made. I have the regular 360 with the 20g HD (i'm a casual gamer). GTA freezes within every mission im on. Coli brehs, help me out. Is a patch coming out soon?

I've read online, that you should keep additional space on you HD, which i have.
I read to downgrade your xbox display settings to 720, which I did..
But it still freezes up..:sadcam:

@rapbeats am I supposed to save the actual game to a flash drive? Does any flash drive work..? :confused:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Nope. Got the old xbox with 20gb HD. using a burned disc to play. runs flawlessly.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
WWE-Dean-Ambrose-Saying-Nope.jpg

Runs flawlessly on my 5 year old 360 :win:, had the game since Tuesday, played for 9 hours straight on day 1, not even a glitch :ahh:, since then i've now done 20+ hours and had no problems :blessed:.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Wait you're supposed to install the mandatory on the flash and the disk on the hd? I did it the other way did I goof up?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Just bought the game as well...need help.

Wait you're supposed to install the mandatory on the flash and the disk on the hd? I did it the other way did I goof up?

Disc 1 HAS to be installed, it's a mandatory installation, that can/should be installed onto your Xbox hardrive. Rockstar have reccomended not installing Disc 2 to your hardrive, they're are two options, 1.) you can either just play disc 2 off the disc(no install to hardrive) this means it will spin in the tray whilst you play it or 2.) if you dont want Disc 2 to be spinning in the tray you can install it to a flash drive that has a capacity of more than 8GB.

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
does the disc spinning in the tray have anything to do with the gameplay?

This shyts getting annoying.it freezes every 10mins.:stopitslime:

Game is crack tho:yeshrug:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
How xbox can take an L like this for the biggest game this gen is unacceptable :snoop: