Any tips to stop Xbox One controller from continually disconnecting?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Recently bought the Xbox One X. Problem is my controller disconnects constantly making using the the thing impossible.

I’ve tried every solution recommend by Microsoft.

Any help?
Sen this happen twice, solution was to plug controller in console via usb, turn it on And after about 10sec or so it should be good to unplug and use

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Did that too with no luck. After a couple minutes a message pops up saying the controller is disconnected. The light on the controller remains lit and everything but the thing just stops working.

I pop out the batteries and that fixes the problem for a few more minutes before it disconnects again.
Replace it.

Stress Welker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it just one controller or all cobtrollers?

Just the one. It's the only controller I own.

Think I will contact Microsoft over the weekend to send the console to be replaced. I didn't drop $400 on a console to be doing workarounds the stupid thing should function properly out the box.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Take the batteries out and use the usb cable for a bit. Then put new batteries in (not rechargeable) and try again. I had it happen to me with my controller and I think that fixed it. Hasnt happened again.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Did that too with no luck. After a couple minutes a message pops up saying the controller is disconnected. The light on the controller remains lit and everything but the thing just stops working.

I pop out the batteries and that fixes the problem for a few more minutes before it disconnects again.
I have this problem using my controller on PC but nowhere near as frequently as you describe it.

Have you tried other controllers? One of mine is worse than the others. You might just have to return it and get another one.

Just the one. It's the only controller I own.

Think I will contact Microsoft over the weekend to send the console to be replaced. I didn't drop $400 on a console to be doing workarounds the stupid thing should function properly out the box.
Try another controller first it’s way easier to replace a $40 controller over a $400 console.