Any tips to stop Xbox One controller from continually disconnecting?

Stress Welker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Recently bought the Xbox One X. Problem is my controller disconnects constantly making using the the thing impossible.

I’ve tried every solution recommend by Microsoft.

Any help?

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
Pretty sure it's faulty. My boy had a One where that happened and it was something faulty inside it. Just hit up Microsoft or if it's recent, try and switch it out wherever you bought it at.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
just going by my pc gamer days, i would try troubleshooting by switching parts out one at a time. try using a different controller. if that other controller works, then you know the problem is the original controller. if the problem continues with the new controller, then you know the system is messed up and needs to be sent back.

:yeshrug:

at this point it should be under warranty anyway

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I had to put my console on 2G wireless to stop this. Either that or hard wire it in. on 5G wireless my controller kept disconnecting too.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Recently bought the Xbox One X. Problem is my controller disconnects constantly making using the the thing impossible.

I’ve tried every solution recommend by Microsoft.

Any help?
Did you update the controller?
Not the console....the actual controller.
Try disconnecting and re-synching the controller.
I've never heard of anyone else having issues with controllers disconnecting in 2019 for PS4 OR XB1.
I have 3 OG XB1's and an XBX1X in the house and never had issues other than incredibly laggy dashboard performance.

Stress Welker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you update the controller?
Not the console....the actual controller.
Try disconnecting and re-synching the controller.
I've never heard of anyone else having issues with controllers disconnecting in 2019 for PS4 OR XB1.
I have 3 OG XB1's and an XBX1X in the house and never had issues other than incredibly laggy dashboard performance.

Did that too with no luck. After a couple minutes a message pops up saying the controller is disconnected. The light on the controller remains lit and everything but the thing just stops working.

I pop out the batteries and that fixes the problem for a few more minutes before it disconnects again.