Any advice on homelessness?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Bruh Im only going to homeless for around 2 weeks.
You can’t stay put for two more weeks until your housing is ready? Stay with family or friends in your current city? Can’t nobody front you with a little dough for a two week room rental in SD?

Otherwise, I’ll be honest, you got a car, a gym membership, and great weather. I’d look into some of the official park and sleep designated places they may have in SD - we have them up here and I believe they have security roam around. You’ll be straight.

Edit: don’t roll to Cali with your stuff in your car, keep a minimal wardrobe and toiletries in your trunk, anything else, you stand to lose sue to all the bipping. So I hope you got a place to stash the majority of your stuff - ship it when you move into your place or get a storage unit.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
What city are you living in now and is that where you’re staying while homeless?

My advice is some truck stops have places to use the internet, take showers, etc., and you should be safe parking close to it, as long as you’re not taking trucker spots, but be careful, some of those truckers are weirdos.

If you’re trying to park somewhere lowkey, rest stops off the highway and industrial areas are usually quiet at night.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Go to the closest Police department and tell them you need emergency shelter because your living arrangements fell through and you have no money. That should put you in contact with the County's/State's Social Services Department who can assist you.​

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I would just do the hostel like someone else said. You could surely find a couple hundred dollars between now and then since you’re moving.

Like, sell something if you have things. No use living in your car just so you can have a tv at your house. You can buy another one later.

You should think like that.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I was homeless living in my car and a friends closet for a short time years ago. You already got the gym membership so that’s good, I spent a good amount of time at the library also (internet and books)

Idk if you got anyone near you who can let you crash for a little.

Not sure if WalMart allows people to sleep overnight there anymore