Any advice on homelessness?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm not trying to be funny or trolling, but I really might be homeless in the next 2 weeks as I prepare to move to San Diego for my a co-op program . I'm spending my savings on the moving process and saving the rest for the deposit. I'll have housing in mid July, though. Any tips, tricks, and pointers? I already have a gym membership.

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
Do you have enough money get a long term Airbnb or at least stay in a motel?

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
How old are you? It might not be too late to join the service. It's what I did when I was homeless

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
Nah. Saving that money for the deposit. Need 4k deposit for the studio I found.
Sleeping in your car for 2 weeks wouldn't be the end of the world. I saw some people use couchsurfing.com to stay with strangers while they travel. I don't know if I'd trust that but if your back is up against the wall maybe

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Sleeping in your car for 2 weeks wouldn't be the end of the world. I saw some people use couchsurfing.com to stay with strangers while they travel. I don't know if I'd trust that but if your back is up against the wall maybe
Yeah that's the plan. Asking for tips though for anyone whose done this.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not trying to be funny or trolling, but I really might be homeless in the next 2 weeks as I prepare to move to San Diego for my a co-op program . I'm spending my savings on the moving process and saving the rest for the deposit. I'll have housing in mid July, though. Any tips, tricks, and pointers? I already have a gym membership.
what type of vehicle do you have?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Never been homeless so my advice may be useless but I have friends who have been. Honestly if you are an able body, work really fukking hard. Tell nobody your situation because people perceive you differently and unfairly, try to work 2 jobs, as the jobs will not only pay but serve as makeshift shelter. Grind for 2 months and then see if you can get a whip if you don't have one, then build up from there.

My friends who went homeless only did because they weren't willing to put in the work, even being in the streets trying to sell product you still gotta put in legwork.

Now if you aren't an able body, you'll have to rely on government resources, that I know nothing about.

Edit: I just realized you said youll have housing in mid july

I'd just say try to find a way to sleep in a car instead of the street, find a decent spot

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Never been homeless so my advice may be useless but I have friends who have been. Honestly if you are an able body, work really fukking hard. Tell nobody your situation because people perceive you differently and unfairly, try to work 2 jobs, as the jobs will not only pay but serve as makeshift shelter. Grind for 2 months and then see if you can get a whip if you don't have one, then build up from there.

My friends who went homeless only did because they weren't willing to put in the work, even being in the streets trying to sell product you still gotta put in legwork.

Now if you aren't an able body, you'll have to rely on government resources, that I know nothing about.
Bruh Im only going to homeless for around 2 weeks.