***Annual whats your credit score thread***

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Get a rewards card, toss typical monthly expenditures on it and pay it off every month. Helps credit and you earn a bit back

Yeah. Although I’d look to see if there’s a surcharge for doing that. You could also help your credit by getting card and literally charging one candy bar on it per month and paying it off in full every month on the due date.

Good looking out fellas, last question, so if I just use a credit card to pay off bills, and pay the monthly fee, I'm not actually spending my money paying these bills? shyt sounds like a smooth hustle to run up on if I'm reading yall right. What would be the typical surcharge on it?

Daps
Good looking out fellas, last question, so if I just use a credit card to pay off bills, and pay the monthly fee, I'm not actually spending my money paying these bills? shyt sounds like a smooth hustle to run up on if I'm reading yall right. What would be the typical surcharge on it?

some places charge a flat $5-$20 fee. Others might charge a % of the total. Check the terms.

And make sure you’re not doing any extra spending. The appearance of the availability of extra money is what gets folks in trouble.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

depends on the card, but yes it’s a hustle and it sucks but it’s what you have to do to get your credit up, also i know the one dude said keep it under 30% i keep mine at 0 as much as possible because that’s better utilization, also try to cover bigger bills that you have monthly because it makes them think you spend money and can cover it like say you pay your insurance and rent and then pay it off, they don’t care, shyt they see you pretty much paid a rack and cleared it before the month repeatedly.

I’m at 660 currently 2 cards

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
Damn I'm at a 614, that shyt is up big time...

Someone explain to me the benefit of getting a credit card and how it helps with credit score. I'm illiterate to how it correlates but I get these offers monthly, if I could process exactly how it benefits me I'll do it...
A credit card can help you build credit. Just make sure you pay off the balance before its due every month. There are other factors that affect your FICO score(how many lines of credit, thr percentage amount of your total credit that you are using etc.)....google is your friend

Daps
depends on the card, but yes it’s a hustle and it sucks but it’s what you have to do to get your credit up, also i know the one dude said keep it under 30% i keep mine at 0 as much as possible because that’s better utilization, also try to cover bigger bills that you have monthly because it makes them think you spend money and can cover it like say you pay your insurance and rent and then pay it off, they don’t care, shyt they see you pretty much paid a rack and cleared it before the month repeatedly.

I’m at 660 currently 2 cards

This is Experian’s explanation of utilization:
What is a Credit Utilization Rate? - Experian

The good range is 0 to 30%. But even then, it should be paid off every month by the due date, so the company reports use, but you don’t pay interest.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Real bad :snoop;

I just got a second job tho I’m going be working seven days a week :damn:

I’ll post the the score after my first day

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola