ANNIHILATION (Official Thread)(on UK Netflix now)

Jards

All Star
Daps
Out on Netflix next month....

Can't wait :wow:

Mute looks live as well. Netflix keeping us fed with the Sci-Fi recently

Dayco23

World Champion
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
I read the book. I have no idea how they will adapt it to film but I'm eager to find out.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Tix were sold out of the free screening I wanted to go to but this is on my radar. Won’t see it this weekend since BP is on the docket again but it will be seen.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Only if you live outside the U.S.

tenor.gif

Guess I'm gonna have to download :manny:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Looking forward to this. Apparently the partial Netflix release was because the financial side of the production company wanted to dumb down for the audience to double its dollars but the executive producer didn't care if that would make the fans yell holla:ohhh:

'Annihilation': Behind-the-Scenes of a Producer Clash and That Netflix Deal (Exclusive)

While the move is partly reflective of the concern studios now bring to releasing challenging midbudget movies, one impetus has its roots in a clash between two of the movie’s powerhouse producers.

In one corner is Scott Rudin, whose many credits include The Social Network and Lady Bird, and in the other sits David Ellison, the head of Skydance Productions, the company that made Geostorm and Terminator: Genysis. Skydance is also a major co-financier of Paramount’s slate.

Annihilation is a postapocalyptic adventure that sees Portman looking for her missing husband while leading an expedition into a territory cut off from civilization. A mysterious contamination, disappearing colleagues, a deadly animal and a being known as the Crawler figure into the story.

The movie, which wrapped shooting in July 2016, had a poor test screening this summer that sources say was the root of the conflict. After the screening, Ellison became concerned that the movie was “too intellectual” and “too complicated,” according to sources, and wanted changes made to make it appeal to a wider audience. They included making Portman’s character more sympathetic as well as tweaking the ending.

Rudin, who executive produced Ex Machina, sided with Garland, defending the movie and refused to take notes. Rudin was able to hold his line, according to a source, because he has final cut.