Angel Reese First 19 Rebound Game. WNBA ALL TIME Season Record: 11 Straight Double Doubles

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I just realized that an actual comp she could model off of could be Moses Malone. If she could figure out how to move downhill towards the hoop with more purpose and just continue to improve her finishing, she might be able to create an MVP-level impact even if she doesn't extend her range.

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
ROTY and it's not even close

Once again I hate to bring up Tom Cruise in an Angel thread but these fools gonna make a big deal out of an "almost" triple double when Angel is out here breaking ACTUAL records. Not only has angel broke the Rookie double double record she broke the WNBA all time double double record and has a chance to put the shyt into unreachable territory. By the end of her career Reese will probably be the entire top 10 of consecutive double doubles by herself.

She also has a legit shot at breaking the rebounds per game in a season record which is currently 11.8 (she's already at 11.1)

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I just found out Angel Reese used to be able to dunk the basketball. I saw someone mention her having a rod in her leg in a youtube comment and someone replied about it being the reason she can't dunk anymore... I thought they were trolling and did some research.

"During her freshman year at Maryland, Angel Reese felt pain in her pinky toe after making a layup.

X-rays found out that Reese had a fracture in her foot, which required surgery, a screw being inserted into her foot, and 12 weeks of recovery.

After returning, Reese broke her tibia in her leg, which required the rod that she mentioned in the interview"

Unfortunately there isn't more dunk clips but she actually was able to dunk and made it look pretty easy

2nd one isnt a dunk Look at how effortlessly she leaves the ground.

I'm pretty sure if she never got injured she'd be in the WNBA doing fast break dunks (instead of what she does now) and every now and then dunking offensive rebounds. It looks like that metal rod even changed the mechanics of how she lays it up.

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I just found out Angel Reese used to be able to dunk the basketball. I saw someone mention her having a rod in her leg in a youtube comment and someone replied about it being the reason she can't dunk anymore... I thought they were trolling and did some research.

"During her freshman year at Maryland, Angel Reese felt pain in her pinky toe after making a layup.

X-rays found out that Reese had a fracture in her foot, which required surgery, a screw being inserted into her foot, and 12 weeks of recovery.

After returning, Reese broke her tibia in her leg, which required the rod that she mentioned in the interview"

Unfortunately there isn't more dunk clips but she actually was able to dunk and made it look pretty easy

I'm pretty sure if she never got injured she'd be in the WNBA doing fast break dunks (instead of what she does now) and every now and then dunking offensive rebounds. It looks like that metal rod even changed the mechanics of how she lays it up.

That’s why she keeps a sleeve on her leg to hide the surgery scar

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

:ohhh: ANGEL COULD HAVE BEEN
A GOAT CANDIDATE WITHOUT
THE INJURY.

LOOK AT WHATS SHES ACCOMPLISHED
WITH A ROD IN HER LEG
AT THE NCAA AND NOW WNBA LEVELS.
:devil:
:evil:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
She didn't fall. She was never a top 5 prospect.
Not sure why. She was the #2 prospect in her HS class after Paige Bueckers (Cameron Brink, Caitlin Clark and Kamilla Cardoso rounded out the top five). Then she produced in college and won a championship. Even when she was at Maryland, she was their best player. Diamond Miller was on that team and went #2 in the draft last year after Aliyah Boston, but at Maryland, Angel was the best player on that team until she transferred to LSU.

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Not sure why. She was the #2 prospect in her HS class after Paige Bueckers (Cameron Brink, Caitlin Clark and Kamilla Cardoso rounded out the top five). Then she produced in college and won a championship. Even when she was at Maryland, she was their best player. Diamond Miller was on that team and went #2 in the draft last year after Aliyah Boston, but at Maryland, Angel was the best player on that team until she transferred to LSU.
It’s just so simple as them not liking how her game would translate to the next level, there needs to be a case study there

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Once again I hate to bring up Tom Cruise in an Angel thread but these fools gonna make a big deal out of an "almost" triple double when Angel is out here breaking ACTUAL records. Not only has angel broke the Rookie double double record she broke the WNBA all time double double record and has a chance to put the shyt into unreachable territory. By the end of her career Reese will probably be the entire top 10 of consecutive double doubles by herself.

She also has a legit shot at breaking the rebounds per game in a season record which is currently 11.8 (she's already at 11.1)
She’s actually at 11.4 as of today