Android TV Futureproof

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Damn it is really scary how quick time is flying in Life. It feels like yesterday I bought this tv :(
TVs don't hold their value well at all. I paid $2500 for my JS9000 55'' Samsung in 2015 and I bet I couldn't get $400 for it now. my TV was one away from the most expensive model Samsung had that year and it's better than the vast majority of TVs on the market even today but somebody will look at it then say "I can get a 55'' TV brand new for $400 so why would I pay you that?"

Somebody would do the same to you. Look at your 43'' TV then see Best Buy selling TVs at that size for $300 and not wanna pay you close to that.

Can you blame them? A new TV comes with a fresh manufactures warranty behind it for a year and at least a few weeks return policy. Used TVs don't offer either.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
have you looked into what the cost for shipping gonna be like? plus even if you pack it well (original box and styrofoam) there's still a chance it could get damaged during shipping

you're probably better off trying to sell it locally

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
have you looked into what the cost for shipping gonna be like? plus even if you pack it well (original box and styrofoam) there's still a chance it could get damaged during shipping

you're probably better off trying to sell it locally
I tried to ship a tv once. They told me it would be several hundred dollars to ship. Dude bought a TV off me on eBay and wanted to ship it. He ended up having his brother drive from NY to Michigan to pick it up. I had it listed as local only but he swore he found a shipper.

When adding a couple hundred to the TV price a buyer is better off getting a better model locally. I had another guy drive from Chicago to Michigan to pick up a TV. I bought it for $1500 sold it for $450 2 years later. It was a Sony XBR but I couldn't deal with the dead pixels.

I'm saying if this guy thinks he's gonna get a decent selling price on that TV he's wrong. People who are TV enthusiasts like me we cop at stores. That just leaves cheapskate people who won't pay much for a used set. I remember 2 years ago I tried to sell my 46in for $250 with a soundbar. I just took it to the pawn shop for $100 cause it was taking up space. I couldn't get a better offer than what the pawnshop just gave me on it.