And You Become Better Than Legends That You Thought were the greatest

deeznutz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
GTA
that's a jab at Rakim since Rakim basically questioned why he would make the song U.B.R without asking him first :win:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
speaking of corny legends...

I wanna see Kool Moe Dee's UNSUNG tonight.

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rakim is wack now but Nas in his prime wouldnt touch Ra in his prime with a pole that damn near stretched the whole globe. Ra showed he knew how to pick beats for 4+ albums as well. Nas couldnt do that for 2. fukk Nas.

ridge

Daps
Rakim is wack now but Nas in his prime wouldnt touch Ra in his prime with a pole that damn near stretched the whole globe. Ra showed he knew how to pick beats for 4+ albums as well. Nas couldnt do that for 2. fukk Nas.

any 1 song off illmatic not named one time for your mind >>>>>> rakims existence

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston

i bet you're :old:

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
im not the one who noticed this forget who did but on you wouldnt understand nas says shout out to eric B when the sample on the song is Rakim

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Rakim is wack

hold up,...i really wanna hear you explain this,.......

i want a rant for this,..imma table you anyway,…
but, just so you don't wind up taking a finish past just the typical tabling.

i think you need to supply a damn good rant for this bullshyt, remark.

art barr

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
Line is about all the mc's he looked up to

kool_g_rap.jpg

slick-rick-h3.jpg

p06229a6yw8.jpg

rakim.jpg

krs-one-01.jpg

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Line is about all the mc's he looked up to

kool_g_rap.jpg

slick-rick-h3.jpg

p06229a6yw8.jpg

This is what I was thinking. It reminded me of Kobe's thoughts on the Thunder this past playoff season.

rakim.jpg

krs-one-01.jpg

This is what I was leaning towards as he pretty much spells it out for you, although I can see it being a subtle shot at The R too. As you mentioned though, I think he just illustrated how he was once the student, and now he's eclipsed his teachers. Reminded me of Kobe's thoughts on Hardin, Westbrook, and Durant.

Can the Los Angeles Lakers win another ring on Kobe Bryant's determination alone? - ESPN Los Angeles

This Oklahoma City team was too good. Its stars were too much like him.

"They grew up watching me," Bryant said. "It's like I'm playing a mirror image of myself in [Russell] Westbrook, [James] Harden and [Kevin] Durant. You've just got to dig deep and fight 'em back."

As good as Durant is right now, I can see him passing up Kobe some day. It's very possible. With that said, I don't think any of us thought the day would come when the kid who dropped Illmatic would surpass Rakim, but that day is upon us, it's official. Nas is the greatest to ever pick up a mic.

edit post: The day is going to come when Kendrick Lamar passes up Nas too!!!!

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's hard to say your better than certain legends, Nas has a right to believe he is the best ever cause he is a worthy contender, to me personally I think I still put KRS-One, 2 Pac above him and possibly one other MC which he shifts places with. However what I think Nas really meant by this line was a general statement, he's become better than SOME legends he thought were the greatest, who he looked up to back then, not neccesarily anyone specfic as I've heard him say before he puts others above him. Though deep down he might feel he's the best. He is one of them though, some of the legends didn't keep consistant in terms of releasing material, with every album Nas pushes higher up the list. To me he possibly is the 3rd greatest now and is competing with KRS and Pac... Pac is hard to beat cause of the classics he has and KRS is still dropping dope material to me, plus has lots of classics too. Nas is the best mainstream Hip Hop artist currently to me though. Living legend.