An Inside Look at WWE’s Unlikely Business Empire (Report: Shane Tried To Takeover Creative In 2012 )

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
2012 and 2013 were key for the whole change in WWE's mindset regarding main eventers too :ohhh:

ps: Dave knew about the story and never told it before. He just now confirmed it. Breh probably was scared he was gonna lose his last real source or something :dead:
Dave always knows about a lot of shyt.....after the fact :mjpls:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
i guess after all these years, i don't really give a fukk about that backstage/executive shyt like that. The little excerpts and cliff notes make it seem like they really be scrappin, but really it's all probably just normal executive shyt and they all vacation and hang out anyways. LOL. I'm more interested in wrestlers fighting each other. Saying that vince controls every thing is like a 30 year old thing now.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Same boring pr that is written to cover up vkm is out of touch and inept.
Plus, the fact the network really won't work.
Simply because the Gen that is online intensive in the past fifteen years.
do not have anything of quality to go and seek out the network to watch.
As vkm has no idea about quality and relying on clit rules to cover it up will never work.
All because the clit has no quality performers worth a real damn.
to make someone want to go to a database field online and do a search query to inquire about media.
This whole shyt is written like some synopsis of a great exec who wields inyielding power and rules with an iron fist.
Yet, when it gets to talks about revenue and closing the deal on profits.
The first thing they try to hide in careful use of verbiage is none of the financial promises are met.
Then from the lack of finances it starts to try to hide via round about verbiage to include the hiccups from online to even his children's failed attempts to vy for power like they are some accolade.

It is completely a joke and until the WWE can distance itself from clit rules as a mindstste and brain trust.
this company will be mired in mediocrity.
Or always one gooflame angle away from death of domestic wrasslin on a mainstream gateway level.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Will finish reading at work, but the stuff about Vince just confirms what a lot of people already know and can see on TV - no longer term thinking

The problem with WWE is just like dc.
Stigma wise they don't realize their products dually created the term phoney being relevent.
To the point phoney in our Gen is attached firmly to Adam west batman to hulk hogun.
To the point that both companies cling to a spreadsheet of those top drawing years like gold and won't amalgamate anything.
Simply because they are trapped so far in the past.
That as soon as they move forward in any way,....
They are held back by the asinine prospect they can create Adam west batman and hulk hogun over again.
Two products welled in 60's and 80's camp.
That just crafted what phoney was for generations since those exact times till now.

Just like dark knight to batman v superman, to suicide squad.
As soon as wb made strides to distance itself.
or so we thought as consumers away from Adam west batman.

WB, before it can even realize it is a new era set up the dk meets dcu universe to still correspond and be marketed as Adam west.
Evidenced by the Adam west animated batman cartoon being released on the heels of bvs,....
When it was and will be the death knell to their dcu universe attempts.
equaling the same fail that Joel Schumacher had as soon as Tim Burton re-righted batman.

With the WWE,...
It is the same thing.
Except this time, since hogun is in the dog house.
They use hhh and hogun camp as the avatar to a time they won't move away from and it is the same aspect as dc and Warner.
Where the product never distances it self away from the stink of campiness that plagues the draw of the company.
So it kills what should be a reboot.
as the reboot is nuffin more.
than attempt to redo the same campy phoney shyt.
that was the death knell to their previous boom periods.

The problem with the WWE is they won't make new stars because they cling like wb to outdated death knell style draws.
That ruined and will continue to damage beyond repair the draw of their product.
as long as they Continue to believe those dated models are their models of profitable success.

Art Barr

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
The Shane stuff was interesting and new, the rest is stuff we've been hearing for years now.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Young Simba was coming back for his crown :wow: gotta respect that. I still wonder what ultimately brought him back and is keeping him with the company and whether or not he has any sort of creative control.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Brian Gewirtz was quoted as saying he doesn't know if Hunter can create the stars WWE needs because he's an 'old school wrestling guy' and WWE needs characters

And this is the one place that I kinda agree with Jim Cornette about.

You don't need to reinvent the wheel. Compelling wrestling is always about the same shyt.

This is what Lucha Underground does well. They understand booking, simple as that. Everybody means something, even though they occupy a non-sensicle fake universe. Somehow the dragons and demons on Lucha make more sense than what the WWE is doing with Bray Wyatt and Cesaro

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read this in its entirety before bed last night. Some key take aways I think we need to discuss:

• Shane McMahon is just a wrestler.
  • The brand split is totally kayfabe, HHH/Steph/Vince still call all the shots.
  • Steph had the title of head of creative yet did not work with them.
  • HHH runs NXT autonomously but its Vince that decides who gets called up.
  • No long term booking. Its about that one night and that only.
  • The writers are on eggshells every Monday morning reporting to Vince.
  • Vince's unable to make enough off the network yet fires everyone he hires to run it (yes read that again.)
  • WWE's split of content between USA, NBC, and the Network doesn't make sense. (USA/NBC puts the most money in the company by far but they push for network subs.)
  • Kevin Dunn seems more trusted than Steph/HHH but doesn't have the power they have.
  • Shane left for some mysterious reason that WWE refuses to acknowledge. His company in China also lost a ton of money so he might not be the savior.
  • Industry insiders agree that the recent NXT guys are not big enough stars for a global WWE product.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Young Simba was coming back for his crown :wow: gotta respect that. I still wonder what ultimately brought him back and is keeping him with the company and whether or not he has any sort of creative control.
Read the article. The answer is the Wrestlemania paycheck and no he's just a wrestler.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I wish Austin wouldve done the podcast and not CTE Foley