Amsterdam - (John David Washington, Christian Bale, & Margo Robbie/ David O. Russell Movie/Trailer)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
i took my pops to see this last night cause he was fukking with the cast (he was :ld: on the trailer but thought the cast could carry the film)...but this was the first movie he wanted to leave...and we did (first time we ever did).

shyt is 2 hours too long.

I usually like mysteries...but this one...dragged...not even a slow burn, just boring as shyt.

How they got such a cast but make such a shyt movie

We left with about 45 mins left.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
The camera really loves a Margot, Anna, and Zoe in this. I've never seen them look this attractive...or was this movie so damn awful that my subconscious focused on the best things about it.

Anna Taylor Joy was ridiculous from her very first scene. I haven't seen any of her work before, other than that Viking movie nobody saw. She was a revelation. Zoe wasn't given much to do, but she was the most attractive beautiful I've ever seen her. Dat Margot tho..

Bale kills it. Most of the actors do pretty well. Denzel"s son is very ehh.

The story was not good. Dialogue was not good. The singing was just weird to have so much of it in the movie. The bird watcher thing, thought that was going to go somewhere, but it's just there as misdirection.

No plot, no script, no real stakes for the three main characters. "Why didn't they just shoot us?" For example.

This would have been a good film with the Coen brothers.

Just made my brain hurt.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
This movie was dope and the true story behind it is insane, yet America doesn't talk about. (yes, nearly everything about General Smedley Butler is true and business leaders did want to intact Nazism in the US and never got in trouble).

I can see why people didn't like it though.

Margot Robbie was beautiful. I've never been more attracted to a white woman.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The camera really loves a Margot, Anna, and Zoe in this. I've never seen them look this attractive...or was this movie so damn awful that my subconscious focused on the best things about it.

Anna Taylor Joy was ridiculous from her very first scene. I haven't seen any of her work before, other than that Viking movie nobody saw. She was a revelation. Zoe wasn't given much to do, but she was the most attractive beautiful I've ever seen her. Dat Margot tho..

Bale kills it. Most of the actors do pretty well. Denzel"s son is very ehh.

The story was not good. Dialogue was not good. The singing was just weird to have so much of it in the movie. The bird watcher thing, thought that was going to go somewhere, but it's just there as misdirection.

No plot, no script, no real stakes for the three main characters. "Why didn't they just shoot us?" For example.

This would have been a good film with the Coen brothers.

Just made my brain hurt.
This movie was dope and the true story behind it is insane, yet America doesn't talk about. (yes, nearly everything about General Smedley Butler is true and business leaders did want to intact Nazism in the US and never got in trouble).

I can see why people didn't like it though.

Margot Robbie was beautiful. I've never been more attracted to a white woman.
Margot got these brothers thirsty lmao.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Margot got these brothers thirsty lmao.
clue-shame.gif

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Yeah JDW doesn't have it. They keep giving him chances but it's not there.

As for the film it flopped partly due to the weak trailers. Because the film is about a fascist plot to take over the US but you'd never know it based on the advertising.

So that undermined it.

Also if it had been a drama instead of a comedy given the plot it probably would have done better. Because they made it seem like a goofball comedy.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
My girl wanted to see this, and it was boring and meandering. Only 4 other people were watching it with us which can’t be good

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
This shyt was boring. Walked out when I realized I could just read the rest of the movie online and not miss a thing.

For a mystery there really wasn’t much mystery

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
This shyt was boring. Walked out when I realized I could just read the rest of the movie online and not miss a thing.

Christian Bale is a great actor and watching Taylor Swift get ran over was slightly satisfying.

For a mystery there really wasn’t much mystery
Thanks for that spoiler smh.