Amil Appreciation Thread

classicmaterial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Bleek told a story about her on either Combat or Tax's podcast where he said he ain't know what happened but one day Jay said they'd never see again and Bleek was like "I really never did see her again after that" shyt was hilarious

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The Dynasty album is the last Roc-A-Fella project Amil had anything to do with, I believe. I think you right.

Only other thing she was in but it was probably filmed around this time, was the State Property movie.
That's when she got dropped. Remember the Dynasty album as suppose to be a Rocafella album not a Jay-Z album. Amil was getting a heavy push around then

He was having a hard time with her as an artist not showing up to studio sessions or putting in effort. Dropped her and took over the direction of the album and it ended up largely being a Jay album because of it.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
That's when she got dropped. Remember the Dynasty album as suppose to be a Rocafella album not a Jay-Z album. Amil was getting a heavy push around then

He was having a hard time with her as an artist not showing up to studio sessions or putting in effort. Dropped her and took over the direction of the album and it ended up largely being a Jay album because of it.

Yup

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
People just shyt on her because they don’t know how to form opinion on their own and follow whatever narrative is poppin atm , she was very talented based on what I heard on her debut album but I guess she wasn’t built for the fame , she’ll always get respect from me tho

classicmaterial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
People just shyt on her because they don’t know how to form opinion on their own and follow whatever narrative is poppin atm , she was very talented based on what I heard on her debut album but I guess she wasn’t built for the fame , she’ll always get respect from me tho

Her album was dope. She had a couple freestyles on early Kay Slay tapes that were solid too

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
She had a dope album. Shoutout to EZ Elpee, Lofey, Omen and Ty Fyffe who put some nice work in on it, behind the boards.

People hated on her unfairly, at the time. But she was a solid artist. Really good voice on tracks. She left the label for personal reasons. The music business isn't for everyone, especially if you have unresolved personal things going on away from the actual music.