America's Most Misspelled Words

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
only word that gets me 100 percent of the time no matter how much i spell it is secret....I literally had to spell check it there.

I go from secert, sercert, sercet, to sercert :snoop:
I can see how u can get secert out of secret. You trying to sound it out and spell all the syllables and shyt :russ: But the other two are just way off.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can see how u can get secert out of secret. You trying to sound it out and spell all the syllables and shyt :russ: But the other two are just way off.

The last two spellings are usually those frustration spellings where I'm just trying not to get the red line under the word after I hit space:mjlol:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
their and your are the most misspelled

I agree, but I think people just let it rock.

I know I both use it wrong and don't jump on other people when its used wrong, at least not on the internet.

Also this looks like people googling "How to spell"

I wouldn't say misspelled because they are spelled correctly .. I would just say misused...

there vs their
your vs you're.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
The one I always struggle with and often have to go back and correct is "training". Been fluent in english for over 20 years now but for some reason i always add an additional "n" in it

Develop is another one. I always spell it the french way with 2 "p's" and a "e" like "Developpe". Canceled too. I usually spell it "cancelled"

Last edited:

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
Those aremt misspelled, just improperly used.
No they are misspelled because you go by the word you actually want. So for instance, if I mean to spell there as in a location, but I spell their as in ownership then the second word is misspelled because I need the meaning of the first one. You have to imagine the first one as sort of a placeholder.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
No they are misspelled because you go by the word you actually want. So for instance, if I mean to spell there as in a location, but I spell their as in ownership then the second word is misspelled because I need the meaning of the first one. You have to imagine the first one as sort of a placeholder.
Semantics at this point, we agree but have different perspectives.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I can’t spell resturaunt correct to save my life.

Thank you autocorrect red line:sadcam: