American History X ending opinions

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It's been a long time since I've watched this, but it always seemed far fetched to me that the kid would have shot the younger brother in the school restroom when there would have been zero chance of him getting away with it. The so called beef between them didn't even seem that serious to begin with that he'd risk doing that.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I'd have preferred Norton's character getting killed.

God, fukk this movie. I hate that I ever saw it. It's a neo-Nazi's wet dream masquerading as an anti-racism film.

Yeah I remember a lot of racist cacs online saying all the racist talking points in the movie were justified cos of what the black kid did.

It would have made more sense if one of the nazis had killed Norton at the end instead.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
BTW check out the more recent movie Imperium.

I won't give anything away, but for those who seen it, I thought it was quite funny who was really about that life and who the fraud ended up being lol.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I appreciated the honesty of this film having the White, all American firefighting father being the one to indoctrinate Nortons character into White supremacists beliefs. White folks like to pretend it's only White extremists talking crazy about Black folks. No. It's ALL of them that do it.
Best believe that when the movie first premiered in theaters in white neighborhoods, people in the audience were cheering when the neo-nazis won that basketball game to take over the court.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's been a long time since I've watched this, but it always seemed far fetched to me that the kid would have shot the younger brother in the school restroom when there would have been zero chance of him getting away with it. The so called beef between them didn't even seem that serious to begin with that he'd risk doing that.
this always stuck out to me too

he really killed him over blowing smoke in his face in the bathroom? and he didn't do it outside of fukking school. where maybe he'd get away with it, but he threw his own life away by doing it in the bathroom? over the smoke? :dead:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN

he really killed him over blowing smoke in his face in the bathroom? and he didn't do it outside of fukking school. where maybe he'd get away with it, but he threw his own life away by doing it in the bathroom? over the smoke? :dead:

I don't care what anyone says, he just wouldn't have been THAT reckless to do it inside school grounds even if the crips were putting the battery in his back.

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps

Yeah why that kid killed the younger brother always struck me as odd like they didn’t even have major beef …. Was weird to kill him over the smoke blowing … just didn’t make sense … but I guess the point of the film was to show all Derricks dirt and his karma was his brother getting killed altho he has changed his ways he still had karma coming his way …..

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
I thought this film was extremely powerful but also just a really depressing film that just exploring and exposing the forever hate regarding race relations that will never likely end anytime soon …:manny: it’s 1 ov them films that you watch it once and aviod watching it again due to how depressing it gets …. I thought the ending and the reason behind the crip killing derricks younger brother didn’t really make sense but I get it for the film’s purpose it was to show you push out hate eventually hate and karma comes back your way even if you change your ways ….