AMC Theatres to Change Movie Ticket Prices Based on Seat Location

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
it looks good but I'll wait for it on prime
Yeah, the window between theatrical and streaming releases are becoming shorter, which makes catching these films at home a no brainer for most. I could see AMC having leverage prior to the pandemic, but things have changed massively since then. This is just a weird move for a company that's already struggling to make money. Not every film will be an Avatar 2 that demands a premium viewing experience.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Yeah, the window between theatrical and streaming releases are becoming shorter, which makes catching these films at home a no brainer for most. I could see AMC having leverage prior to the pandemic, but things have changed massively since then. This is just a weird move for a company that's already struggling to make money. Not every film will be an Avatar 2 that demands a premium viewing experience.
Saw knock in the cabin in Dolby and thar shyt was empty

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
This is already happening at smaller chains.

NCG has 2 rows with recliners that cost more than the other seats.....and it's been that way since the pamdemic

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
This is why I'm only going to go to Regal, Alamo Drafthouse, and independent cinemas this year.

Only thing is that if I want to see Oppenheimer and Dune 2 in IMAX 1.43 I'll have to go to AMC :francis:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
home movie theater brehs we won again

bu bu but i want to pay 50 dollars for a small pop corn and small drink and have people talk with their phone lit up and kick the back of my chair and now i want to pay more to sit in prime seats :sadcam:!!! this experience cant be beat :sadcam:!

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

AMC Theatres is abandoning its “Sightline” pricing strategy, which charged different prices for seats in different locations within each theater.

First announced in February, AMC’s plan involved charging higher prices for the best seats in each theater, and lower prices for seats at the very front of the auditoriums.

The company said Thursday that it will end the pilot program in the coming weeks, and replace it with a new program that changes the seats at the front of each auditorium.