Amazon spending 300$ million on a generic spy series helmed by the russo brothers

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It looks like if ChatGPT was told to come up with a spy series. :mjlol:

Because Chopra isn't it. She's too bland and so is the cac they have.

They should have gotten two leads that work well together.

So for the Russos with spy thrillers they're 0-2.

The movie they were part of though, Extraction, works because it has a straight up simple "merc has to save a person" plot. But of course they didn't even direct that one.
Sheesh!! :picard:

I'm not hearing good things about this tho. Definitely will check out a couple of episodes for the hell of it

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much what it was. An Amazon exec went to them with an idea for a spy series that they could have a bunch of connected international versions of. Think there’s already an Italian and Spanish version in the works.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Pretty much what it was. An Amazon exec went to them with an idea for a spy series that they could have a bunch of connected international versions of. Think there’s already an Italian and Spanish version in the works.

I was gonna post this.

This isn't a TV show it's a corporate mandated assignment

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Because Chopra isn't it. She's too bland and so is the cac they have.

They should have gotten two leads that work well together.

So for the Russos with spy thrillers they're 0-2.

The movie they were part of though, Extraction, works because it has a straight up simple "merc has to save a person" plot. But of course they didn't even direct that one.

a bland cac and a "white adjusted" beige /ethnic wench :francis:

it like they just don't get when there are so many spy/espionage/action/thriller's franchise with better white cac lead actor's and character's

they could have had a new take with Idris Elba be the lead with Damson Idris co-star as son or younger brother and bring some new life and black masculine energy to the spy/espionage genre not talking soul plane/ undercover brother blackness I'm talking more Wesley snipes passenger57/money Trian/blade type black cool/swagger

a spy/espionage film with big budge action set pieces is what the people want to see Idris in the most I feel it would put his career back on track lik the Deadpool role/films did for Ryan Reynolds and fast and the furious did for the rock

I no Idris did Bastille Day funny a enough with the bland cac "Richard Madden" that starring in this citadel show was co-starring but that was to low budget to be heat going up against the other spy/espionage/action/thriller's franchise

if they would have gave the two Idrisi's some thing like citadel/the gray man/ghosted/red notice/6 underground level budget/money and top directing talent behind the camera black twitter/social media would dame near market the movie for them

with all the generic spy/ assassin/hitman/espionage/action/thriller scripts out there it's amazing Idris hasn't taken it in his on hands put something together for himself like Ryan Reynolds did taking upon himself to put together Deadpool and get it off the ground it pretty much saved his career

edit there is this coming

Idris Elba Netflix Movie ‘Bang!’:jbhmm:

David Leitch directing if Netflix give it have the budget they gave red notice /6underground/ the gray man now were talking just what we wanted to see from Idris

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Andy Greenwald called the Russo's The Real Disgusting Brothers for letting Amazon pitch them a show and make them create it

Succession fans should get the reference

VY2wmdR.png

Jards

All Star
Daps
I’ve watched every episode and I don’t understand how this cost $300 million - I know they had to reshoot a lot but even if you half that it’s still $25 million per episode. That’s more than GOT which has dragons and trolls and shyt. How Sway?!

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Both the leads American accents are awful. Madden doesn't know if he wants to be Scottish or not and Chopra sounds like Gal Gadot.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I’ve watched every episode and I don’t understand how this cost $300 million - I know they had to reshoot a lot but even if you half that it’s still $25 million per episode. That’s more than GOT which has dragons and trolls and shyt. How Sway?!
I'm up to date on the episodes and still can't pinpoint what brought the cost up

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
They were better off just making a series about Kim Phelby or Guy Burgess. Real spies with better plots.