Amazon Prime Video Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
That's what I thought, then found myself blazing through 2 seasons in about a week and can't figure out why. Just a very well done show even though it has nothing to do with me.
Took me a while to warm up to it, but now I'm fukkin with it. I don't even find Midge's stand-up material all that funny either, but the writing is just A+.

In the middle of S1 at the moment, is the next season better? Not a diss towards S1 as I'm in love with it, but just wanna know if I should be expecting a bounce in quality.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Man I'm having a good time finishing up defiance on Amazon and the man in high castle I'm glad I purchased Amazon prime...:ehh: but they need to come down on that price...:picard:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Took me a while to warm up to it, but now I'm fukkin with it. I don't even find Midge's stand-up material all that funny either, but the writing is just A+.

In the middle of S1 at the moment, is the next season better? Not a diss towards S1 as I'm in love with it, but just wanna know if I should be expecting a bounce in quality.

Back half of S1 and middle of season 2 are as good as television gets. That vacation shyt in season 2 is just greatness. Alex Bornstein was great. I still don't know why I got caught up in it, but I keep watching every new season.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Back half of S1 and middle of season 2 are as good as television gets. That vacation shyt in season 2 is just greatness. Alex Bornstein was great. I still don't know why I got caught up in it, but I keep watching every new season.
Excellent!

Daps

That's what I thought, then found myself blazing through 2 seasons in about a week and can't figure out why. Just a very well done show even though it has nothing to do with me.

Real nikka shyt, show is good money:yeshrug:

good look on the rec, this is a really good show. Blaze through all 3 seasons this weekend.

My only gripe is that the Coli is right about the Amerikkan entertainment industry...
Of course they finally introduce a black male character (not that I was even clamoring for one) and it turns out he’s a fakkit. :beli:

This happens way too often to be happenstance. And Reggie is a nice strong character until the end where it’s revealed he’s just a tough face to protect Shy’s secret:snoop:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Ended up watching that Ilana stand-up special off the strength of Broad City, not sure how long she's been doing stand-up I would guess she is fairly new at it :patrice:. A lot of the bits sounded like something Ilana from the show would talk about, but Broad City was way funnier to me. She does open the special dancing to Rhianna's Sex With Me :mjgrin:.